One

"Lyla! Come on we gotta go!" My step mum Lori screamed from downstairs, there's some kinda virus running around which is killing people like the plague. Only somehow they get back up and try to munch on their family members, gross.

"Yeah mum I'm coming!" I shouted back as I grabbed a photo from my nightstand shoving it into my bag with the clothes and other stuff I had managed to grab. The picture was taken a few years ago, I must've been around 15 my brother Carl about 7, we were stood in front of a hedge maze with dad and Lori at a theme park for my birthday. Big smiles covered all of our faces, if only we knew what was to come.

Let me introduce myself, I'm Lyla Marie Grimes, 21 years old, daughter of Rick Grimes and Marie Morgan. My mother died when I was a baby, cancer is one son of a bitch, my dad remarried with Lori a couple of years later and had little Carl. While most people seem to think that I'd have some kind of dislike for Lori for marrying my dad, it couldn't be further from the truth, I love her like she is my mum, I mean, she is the only one I've ever had.

Running down the stairs I saw Carl, Lori and my dads friend Shane waiting for me near the front door, we were heading to Atlanta where Shane said there was a safe zone that was encouraging survivors to go to.

"What about dad?" I asked as we hurriedly packed our stuff into the car. My dad and Shane are cops but a few weeks ago he was shot and he'd been in a coma ever since.

"I tried Lyl's, I went to his room but he wasn't there, I'm so sorry." Shane said as he ran his arm down my arm giving my hand a squeeze. Pulling my hand away from him I turned getting into the car to process the fact that my dad was gone, as to get away from Shane, ever since my 18h birthday he's changed around me if it wasn't for the world going to shit I wouldn't be getting into a car with him, but I knew he could keep us safe.

- - - - - - - - -

"We'll never make it through." Mum sighed as she looked ahead at the hundreds of cars that were sat trying to get into Atlanta. Looking around I spotted multiple people sitting around an RV, an older man, two blonde girls, a guy in a cap with his back to me, just behind the RV sat a car with a small woman with short hair, a fat ass man and a little girl a small smile on her face as she looked down at her hands.

"What's that?" Carl's small voice asked from behind me as he stepped out of the car looking above us. Following his line of sight I saw two jet looking things flying towards Atlanta, suddenly four load explosions and a gust of smoke rose from the city, I knew exactly what that meant.

"They bombed it? Why would they do that? That's supposed to be the safe zone!" I yelled at nobody in particular looking around at all the other terrified and confused faces.

"Come on, we gotta get out of here! Damn things could be here any second!" Shane demanded as he paced back and forth next to our car.

"We're going to set up a camp at a little quarry a little while down the road, you're more than welcome to join us." Came a voice to my left, looking over I saw the old man who was with the RV, the rest of his gang watching us carefully.

Don't pass this up Shane, higher numbers have to be better. I thought to myself as I looked to see him looking between me, mum and Carl, mum slightly nodding her head to let him know she agrees.

"Alright, lets get moving." Shane said as we pulled into our cars or RV and moved on.