Thirteen

** For real, can I just have him now??**

The next morning dad, Glenn and Hershel still wasn't back, mum had gone out to look for her only to have Shane go and find her bringing her back to the farm, apparently she'd managed to crash the car she had taken. Beth was still being watched after she'd broken down and tried to kill herself, the new world taking its toll on the young girl.

Everyone was currently hovering around near the house, coming up with a plan to go out into the town and find the three missing men. I was sitting with Carl and Sophia watching them play a game of snap with the worn out pack of cards we'd had since the beginning, when the car dad and Glenn had left in returned, with Hershel and a new face.

"Who's that?" I asked out loud to whoever was listening.

"Rick man, who's that?" Shane yelled as the men got closer, instead walking towards the barn.

"That's Randall." Glenn said as he walked over to the rest of us instead of towards the barn with dad and Hershel.

"And who is Randall exactly?" I asked confused.

"We found him in the town, his group started to shoot at us, he got himself stuck on a fence and we couldn't just leave him there." Dad explained as he came over after putting 'Randall' in the barn.

"Hershel gunna see what he can do for his leg, we'll figure out what to do with him when he's done." He continued as he took a seat on the steps.

"What do you mean 'what to do with him'? He ain't staying here." Shane said as he looked down at my dad. "His group shot at you, they could come back for him any minute."

"We weren't followed, his group left him, they ain't coming for nobody." Dad explained as he rubbed his hands across his face.

"You don't know that Rick!" Shane yelled before stomping off away from the group.

After a few moments of silence dad got up and walked away as well. Feeling the bench move slightly I looked to see Glenn had taken a seat besides me.

"Hey, surprised you've not gone to find Maggie." I teased slightly as I looked at the slight blush that appeared in the Asian boys cheeks.

"I thought I'd give her some space, she's been through a lot. With the barn, Beth's condition and Hershel disappearing I didn't think she'd wanna see me, it is kinda my fault." He shrugged slightly as he looked down to the ground.

"Hey, none of this is your fault." I nudged him slightly with a smile.

"It is, it was me who told everyone about the barn, which lead to Hershel going missing which made Beth breakdown. How is it not my fault Lyla?" He asked sadly and I could see the tears threatening to fall.

"Glenn, you did what was best, for everyone. You didn't know that Shane was gunna go batshit and let them out, if anything this is all his fault." I told him, placing my hand on his knee giving it a small squeeze. "I'm telling you Glenn, she won't be mad at you, nobody here is mad at you. Okay?"

Receiving a small nod from him I patted his leg before standing up.

"Go and find her Glenn, I'm gunna go find mum." I smiled at him before walking off towards our camp site.

As I reached the tent she shared with dad and Carl I could hear hushed voices coming from the opposite side of the RV, slowly and quietly I crept my way around to the end of the RV.

"You have to be able to see it too." Dales voice became clearer as I stopped round the corner.

"Shane is a good man Dale." Mums voice came next, confused and concerned about what they were talking about I stayed still and tried to listen in.