Five

"We can't stay here, we've gotta move on." Shane said after we'd finished burying the bodies, "Rick, we can go to Fort Benning man, it'll be safe." He said walking towards my dad.

"That's 150 miles away, the CDC is closer." He countered while starting pace back and forth.

"We don't have the supplies to go to Fort Benning, we'll never make it." Mum intervened from behind dad.

"She's right Shane and you know it." Dad spoke directly to Shane, almost asking him to disagree. "Let's pack it up! We'll make our way to the CDC when we're ready!" He yelled to the rest of the group.

About an hour later we were all set to go, everyone was standing around the cars figuring out who was going In what car.

"Lyla, can I go with you?" Sophia asked as she came and stood beside me.

"You're gunna need to ask your mummy first but it's okay with me." I smiled down at her before she ran off to Carol who gave her a nod of approval.

"Lyla, You gunna be okay with Merle and Daryl?" Dad asked as he came over.

"Yeah sure, Sophia's sticking with me aswell." I smiled at him as we walked over to the blue truck with a bike on the back.

"Got room for two more?" I asked as the Dixon brothers emerged from the other side of the truck.

"For ya Dear Lyla? Always." Merle grinned as he opened the drivers side for me to climb in. Merle was in the drivers side, Daryl next to the window and me in the middle with Sophia on my lap.

We had made it an hour or so down the road when the RV stopped causing us all to stop.

"What the shit." The brothers mumbled at the same time as they got out of the truck. Sophia looked over her shoulder at me with a confused look.

"Don't worry, their just strange." I laughed as we too got out of the truck making our way over to the group surrounding the RV.

"We can't just leave him here." Mum said as I got within listening distance.

"Leave who here?" I asked confused as people turned to look at me, little Sophia by my side.

"Jim wants to stay here, says he can't handle the journey no more." Shane explained as he walked out of the RV. "He's in pain man."

"So we let him stay, if that's what he wants then who are we to force him to keep going." I shrugged looking over at Daryl who gave a nod of, what I think was, agreement.

"Alright, fine. If it's what he wants." Dad hugged as he walked into the RV.

We were now about an hours drive away from the CDC after leaving Jim on the side of the road. I felt bad about it sure but he wanted to be reunited with his family, there was no point in dragging him here.

An hour later and we're stood outside of the CDC banging on the shutters, dads convinced there's someone in there, that a camera moved. Me on the other hand, I'm not so sure and neither is anyone else.

"Walkers!" Merle yelled lifting up his knife and taking out one that was close by. Looking around I noticed that Daryl had stepped slightly infront of me compared to his previous spot beside me. Strange.

"Dad please!" I yelled gaining his attention. Just as his arms dropped the shutters opened, a stream of light bursting out into the street.

"Go!" Dad yelled as we all ran into the building, only seeing one man stood with a shotgun pointed directly at us.

"Anyone bit?" He asked.

"No, we had to leave a man behind." My dad said inching towards the man slowly.