Seventeen

"Hey look who it is!" I grinned as I looked up from the crops, watching as Herschel walked through the courtyard on his crutches, his daughters and my mum by his side, proud grins covering their faces.

"Walkers!" A sudden cry from Carl is all it takes for the smiles to drop from everyone's faces and the mood to take a complete U-turn.

"Everyone get inside!" Dad yelled as he, Glenn and Daryl ran towards the walkers, weapons in hand.

The next ten minutes were a blur, my arm was aching from raising it up and swinging it down into walker heads, I could feel the sweat dripping down my neck, my hair sticking uncomfortably. Breathing heavily I looked around for where everybody was, everyone had disappeared, I span round trying to find sight of anybody living when my eyes landed on T-Dog, his hand locked around Carol's arm as he lead her towards the prison.

"T!" I yelled as I ran in his direction, we were definitely safer in numbers. "Where is everyone?" I panted as I caught up, quickly following his footsteps.

"I dunno, come on, in here." He rushed through an open door on the side of the building, leading us into the back corridors of the prison.

I stuck at the back, keeping an eye out in case a walker had followed in the same direction we had gone, T-Dog up front while Carol was in the middle.

"Shit." T's whisper floated threw the silent hall, until I heard it, the groans of walkers, five maybe, coming closer and closer. "We got this right?" He asked unsure, looking back at me quickly before facing forwards once more.

"There's only one way to find out." I breathed out, trying to steady my nerves as my hands started to sweat against the handle of my knife.

As the walkers reached us we formed a line, taking out one at a time, until a loud alarm and flashing red lights suddenly turned on, more and more walkers flooding into the small hallway that we were currently stuck in, and just as I thought it couldn't get any worse T let out a blood curdling scream.

"T!" I yelled as I watched one of the walkers tear a chunk of flesh away from his arm, the blood dripping out leaving a puddle on the floor in an instant.

"On three, you run." He panted as he held his arm with his other one. "Promise me, you run." He said firmly, looking into both of our eyes.

"We promise." Carol said quietly, reaching out and lacing her fingers through mine, giving a small yet comforting squeeze.

"T." I whispered sadly, a tear falling from my eye as I looked at him for the last time. "We'll always love you." I smiled as he winked, although the pain was clear in his face.

"Alright, three, two, one, run!" He counted down as he threw himself into the crowd of walkers and held them up against the wall while we ran past, I chanced a look back to see T lying on the ground surrounded.

Letting go of each other's hands we continued to run, the alarms silenced and the lights disappeared leaving us in darkness once more.

"Carol." I whispered, but with no reply. "Carol?" I said louder, trying to get her attention. "Carol!" I called, still not getting a reply. "Shit." I muttered as I realised that not only had I lost Carol but calling her name had attracted their attention.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I muttered as groans started to come from behind me aswell as infront spinning round I looked for any type of opening or gap that I could squeeze through to get away when my eyes landed on a door a few feet ahead of me, behind a couple of walkers. "I got this." I breathed to myself as I tried to plan my attack in my head. "Screw it." I groaned as I threw myself forwards, quickly stabbing the head of one, then another, and another until I was able to pull the door open, quickly rushing in before slamming it shut behind myself, it was a small supply cupboard and I had no water, no food only the knife I held in my hands. Sighing to myself I dropped down to the ground and rested my back against the wall, just gunna have to sit and wait until the corridor clears.