Nine

"Constance, it's so nice to see you!" Diana said, pulling me into a hug. It had been awhile since I had any motherly affection so it was since.

"Thank you Mrs. Trevor's."

"Please, call me mom."

"Mooooooooom don't you think you're coming off a little too strong?" Michael whined from behind me with my suitcase in hand.

"Nonsense, come in, its starting to get cold outside."

She let us come in and proceeded to give me the tour of her gorgeous house. The first floor had the kitchen, living room, dining room, a bathroom and a sitting room, whatever that was. His parents had the whole third floor to themselves, and on the second room were five bedrooms and three bathrooms. All in all, it made my apartment look like a cardboard box.

"So I know you guys are two consenting adults b-..."

"Moooooom!"

"So you can have your own bedroom if you'd like." She opened the door and my jaw dropped. It was simpler than the rest of the house but nicer than anywhere I've ever stayed.

 It was simpler than the rest of the house but nicer than anywhere I've ever stayed

"I'll let you guys know when dinner is ready." As soon as she closed the door I flopped on the bed face first.

He chuckled and sat next to me. "So you don't want to share a bed with me I'm guessing?"

"No way, this bed is like a cloud."

"You are something else Constance Bonilla."

"So where is everyone?"

"My brother and Melanie are here, they live in the guest house for now, Sam and my dad should be coming home soon. Come." We got up and left the room just to go across the hall. "Let me show you my bedroom."

"Mr. Trevors, are you trying to get in my pants?" I joked.

He stopped and pulled me close, gazing into my eyes so seriously. "I would love nothing more than that."

Whoa

"Michael I-...."

"Constance!" We both turned around to see Sam before she pulled me into a hug. "I heard you were staying for the weekend. Can you come help me with my math homework?"

"Uhh sure." She tugged me down the hall while I kept replaying Michael's words in my head.

I figured it was be easier if we both worked on the problems because for 1, I couldn't remember how to do any of this stuff since it had been so long since I even took a math class. And for 2, I wanted to see how she was thinking and correct her answers from there. It took almost an hour for her to finish, whereas it only took me 20 minutes once I finished reading her math book, and she had gotten every one of them wrong.

"I don't freaking get it!" Sam screamed as she pushed her homework to the side.

I put it back in front of her and grabbed my own pencil and paper. "Calm down. How about I explain it this way, if I have a gun and shoot two bullets towards the target, the target being the answer and x and y being the changeable variables like wind condition and the angle that I'm shooting at, how long with it take for both bullets to hit the target?"

She thought about it for a few minutes before she smiled. "Ohhhh ... now I get it." She worked it in her calculator and got the right answer. "Thank you Connie!" She hugged me. Someone knocked on the door and Michael's head poked through.

"Mom said to come down for dinner."

Sam raced out the door eager to be done for now while I slowly followed her out. Michael's fingers laced with my own, stopping me.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier, I was joking. I hope you didn't take it seriously."

Ouch

I pulled my hand out of his and used it to clutch my dog tags. "Oh, it's okay."

He stopped me. "Are you okay?" I nodded and moved past him.

You're stupid Connie, of course he doesn't feel the same way.

***

All throughout dinner he kept trying to get me to look at him from across the table but instead I ignored him and conversed with everyone else. I wasn't really hungry either, I took a few bites before my stomach lurched.

"You guys have a wonderful home, you must've worked hard to make it look this nice."

"Well, when you're the CEO of your own company then anything is possible." Joesph said proudly.

"Wow, what company?"

"Trevors Industries, didn't Michael tell you?"

"No, I didn't really ask."

"Oh. Well, yes, my father started the company and since Evan is still indecisive, Michael will be taking over as CEO soon." My eyes snapped to Michael's.

I guess I wasn't the only one keeping secrets

"That's cool." I stuffed a piece of broccoli in my mouth. Evan snorted.

"We just told you that our family is filthy rich and your boyfriend will probably inherit millions and all you can say is that's cool?" I shrugged and he laughed so hard that tears came to his eyes. "I like her Mike, she's definitely a keeper."

"Welcome to the family." Melanie agreed. My eyes watered, it's been so long since I've felt apart of anything. I discreetly wiped my eyes while everyone smiled at me.

***

"Come in." The door opened to reveal Michael, not that that was a surprise.

"Hey, um I brought cookies."

"I didn't want any Mike."

"Mike? Are you mad at me? You're the only person that calls me Michael, well and my parents." I looked back down at my book and he sat in the bed next to me. "Please Connie, what did I do?"

"Nothing, I'm actually tired now. Can you shut the door on the way out please?"

"Connie I-..."

"Please Mike." He signed and left the room.

This was the first time in a long time that I had cried over a guy.