Thirteen

The day before Thanksgiving the office was closed so Michael suggested that I stayed over seeing as how Roxie went to her parents house in Massachusetts already.

"East coast weather sucks." I commented as I got into his car.

"Maybe if you dressed warmer..." he gestured to my outfit which consisted of a white long sleeved thermal shirt, tucked into black ripped jeans, black riding boots and an army green anorak jacket. "You'd be fine." I huffed, my outfit was warm, the weather still just sucks. "Anyways, So I wanna warm you that my extensive family is a little... much."

"Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"Because then I knew you wouldn't come and you'd break my mother's heart."

"Fuck you Trevors, that's a low blow." He wiggled his brows before turning his eyes back to the road. "I'll be alright, I hope."

We had arrived at his house and his mother let us know that we would be sharing a room because some of his family members might sleep over. She also let us know that she put condoms in the night stand.

"Mom, you're so embarrassing!" He whines and put his face in his hands.

"Just be safe, I don't want more grandchildren right now. Even though they would be cute."

"Mooooooooom!"

"I'm just teasing, go upstairs and help Connie put her suitcase up in your room."

We walked up the stairs. "Sorry about her."

"It's fine. She's right though they would be cute." I teased and walked to his bed. When I didn't feel him following me I turned around to see him looking at me frozen, with a blush on his face. "What?" He snapped himself out of his daze before he walked up to me.

"Constance Bonilla, are you saying that you want to have my babies?" He teased back with a smug smirk. This time it was my turn to blush. I went to push him away but he caught my hands and pulled me close to him.

"In your dreams Michael Trevors." At that we both laughed and stepped out of each other's embrace.

"Which side of the bed do you want? Do you like a lot of pillows? How-..."

"You're acting like this is the first time we've slept in a bed together." I said, cutting him off and starting to put my stuff away in his room.

"But you'll be sharing a bed with me for a wholeeeee five days, aren't you excited?" He excitedly exclaimed.

"Are you high?"

"I wish." To which I rolled my eyes. "I am really happy you're here though."

"Me too, hopefully it'll restore my feelings about the holidays. My best friend Emily always invites me to her house on the holidays but I always decline, so I'm usually alone this time of the year."

"You know, I think this is the first time I've heard you speak of anyone besides Roxie and your parents."

"Emily was Jacobs wife. I've known Jacobs and Emily since we were all 14. Jacobs and I joined the Marines right out of high school. He and Emily got married as soon as boot camp was over so that she could be on base with us and then they had Amelia when we were 21. I cried so hard the day that she was born and they asked me if I wanted to hold my god daughter." I smiled at the memory, it was the happiest day of my life. "They had me watch her one day so that they could go on a date night when we had down time and I remember being so scared cuz I never watched a baby before. She was one and I had to watch YouTube videos on how to care for her."

"Why didn't you tell them you didn't know how?"

"Because then they wouldn't have gone out to enjoy themselves. They were tired all the time so it was the least I could do. I swear, after the night Amelia and I have been bffs ever since."

"You must miss them."

"I do, I mean we video chat at least twice a week but it's not the same. After Jacobs died, I moved in with them to help Emily out cuz she didn't trust daycares and stayed with her for a year and a half. Then I found myself here on the other side of the country." I wouldn't tell him how or why I came here, not just yet.

"No wonder why you're always cold. Us New Englanders are used to the cold."

"I know, I miss the California sun."

"So we have to step our dating game this weekend. My immediate family love you, but my extensive family needs more convincing."

If that means more kissing, I'm game!

"That's fine, I probably could've been an actress in another life." I joked and he laughed. We headed downstairs and he went with the boys in the living room and I joined the girls in the kitchen.

"You're a natural in the kitchen Connie." Diana said when her, Melanie and I started to prep for Thanksgiving dinner.

"Thank you, my mom taught me when I was young."

"You must miss her huh?" Melanie asked as she grated the cheese.

"It's going to sound terrible but not really. Don't get me wrong, I love them and I'm thankful they gave me an opportunity to live here but I was never really close with them."

They were against me joining the Marines even though they knew that it was what I've wanted to do since I was 14. While I was stationed, they never came to visit, hardly ever called and when I came home, they always found a reason to visit Puerto Rico. Then when they basically disowned me, that was the icing on the cake. It stung for the first six months but I learned to move on. That's another reason why I hope the Trevors never find out about our deal, I think it would hurt worse to lose them than it did losing my own parents. I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt two arms wrap around my waist, pulling me away from the potatoes I was peeling.

His lips grazed the side of my neck making me shiver. "Penny for you thoughts?" He mumbled.

"Careful, I could've peeled my finger off."

"I hardly doubt that sweetheart." He deadpanned and then kissed my cheek, releasing me from his hold. John and Evan were also in the kitchen giving their significant others affection. "How was girls day?"

"Great, we talked and stuff, and I smell like several dishes of food."

"Mmm... good thing I'm hungry." He leaned in for a kiss. "Tastes yummy." He mumbled against my lips.

Hawt damn!