6 ; spotted

[tip 3 : don't sing in public]

———

[y/n] decided to walk around the river where she met her stalker. She recently found out his name was Dazai Osamu. He worked at the Armed Detective Agency, a place where the people take on missions that police won't even touch. [y/n] sighed, feeling the water's scent sink in.

It was calm, nothing like the rest of the world. Everyone was on guard in Yokohama most of the time. It was thanks to the Port Mafia and the Armed Detective Agency. Since ability users have been popping up everywhere, most people have started to get frightened of them. Was it because of the reputation they had? Yes, sort of.

Most ability users wouldn't know they had an ability until they accidentally used it. Using the ability without knowledge of it beforehand was dangerous. People got killed thanks to the recklessness of the ability users. Everyone looked down at [y/n] back at her old neighborhood.

They thought her ability was trouble. [y/n] would only cause trouble in their minds. [y/n] picks up a rock, throwing it across the river. She watched as it skidded across the river until it sank. She had a feeling, a warm one, in her chest. She started to remember a memory. It was sweet, calming. It was about her mother helping her make a bundle of flowers.

[y/n] smiled. She picked up another rock, this time looking at it before she threw it. It was smooth, had some rough edges. She could tell it was by the river for a long time.

I want to find my place on this planet, mom.

[y/n] gripped the rock. She threw it as hard as she could across the lake. She saw a big splash, it was a magical sight. The light breeze was slowly turning into a storm. [y/n] decided before she left, she would sing her mother's favorite song.

She started singing. The wind made it sound angelic, almost as it seemed that [y/n] wasn't even singing alone. As she finished the last note, she turned and saw her stalker.

Dazai Osamu.

The first instinct was to run. Run as far as her legs could take her. So, that's what she did. Ditching him completely.

"[y/n]."

[y/n] turns around from collecting flowers.

"When you grow older, you should get yourself someone you trust. Someone that you can lean on."

[y/n] smiled. "I don't need to find anyone because you're by my side, mom!"

"I trust you the most!"