10 ; surprise, surprise

Dazai was in the agency as usual with everyone else. Everyone did their work (apart from Dazai), and it was quiet. That was until Fukuzawa himself walked into the office, with a girl behind him. Everyone turned to see what Fukuzawa had to say.

"Everyone, I have a new member to introduce. Welcome [y/n] [l/n]."

Everyone was greeting her, but all Dazai could do was stare. She was the same girl that he saw in his coma.

———

It seemed like an unreasonable idea to get a girl, with no ability, to work for a place that had many ability users. At least, Fukuzawa said that she had potential. Dazai asked [y/n] if she had seen him anywhere, but she shrugged saying that this was the first time she saw him.

Dazai couldn't tell if she was lying or not. [y/n] was set to be Ranpo's helper, since he did the calmer jobs. Ranpo complained about having "a girl that was useless", but he quickly turned around when she got candy for him. [y/n] was accepted by almost all of the members of the agency. The only one that refused to accept her was Dazai. Everyone thought he would like her, she was so kind and helpful. He didn't even ask her to do a double suicide with him.

———

It had been a few weeks after [y/n] joined the agency when Dazai suddenly disappeared. Many thought he was gone, trying to do a suicide again. Some were worried that he might have been kidnapped by the Port Mafia again. Though, they had found the answer to their thoughts when they found Dazai unconscious in the middle of the floor four days after his disappearance.