Chapter 9: Love is Power

Khotep was standing right in front of Gamila. "What do you want?" Pharaoh Khotep asked his wife. "If I can't get you back by talking to you, then you've left me no choice." Gamila answered. "Huh?" the Pharaoh then asked. Gamila wrapped her arms on her husband's shoulders, leaned close to him, and kissed him. Khotep had a surprised look on his face as she was kissing him. He then closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her back.

A few seconds later, everyone was watching. Khanet and Khanis shouted "Ewww! That's disgusting." Anubis and Anput just smiled. Anput then replied "As Hathor always says: 'Love is powerful!'" "Yeah. I guess she was right after all. At first, I didn't know what she was talking about. But now I understand what she meant by that." Anubis explained.

After Gamila and Khotep were done kissing, Khotep's eyes changed back to normal. They unwrapped each other. "Wha...what happened?" Khotep asked. "Evil Anubis's magic was controlling you and caused you to almost take over Egypt." Gamila answered. "That's weird. I would never do that. So, I don't know why his magic was controlling me to do that." Khotep replied.

Khanet and the others walked towards Khotep and Gamila. "Why don't we ask Thoth?" Khanis added. "That's a great idea, Khanis." Khanet commented."Believe me. I am full of great ideas." Khanis exclaimed delightfully. "Yeah you are." Khanet replied.

She then took out her amulet and summoned Thoth. After she was done chanting, Thoth appeared. "Hello there. I see that you summoned me because you have a question that you want answered." Thoth spoke. "Yes. That is exactly why I summoned you." Khanet exclaimed. "Very well." Thoth replied. "Now...why did Evil Anubis possess our dad?" Khanet asked. Thoth cleared his throat and explained "The reason as to why Evil Anubis possessed your father is because he knew that you trust your father, which would make you hand over Egypt easily. But according to me, his plan failed...Again!" He then rolled his eyes at the thought of just how lame Evil Anubis and his plans were.

"Thank you for answering my question, Thoth." Khanet replied. "Your welcome, Princess." Thoth exclaimed. Thoth then disappeared. Khanet then turned to look at everyone and exclaimed. "This has been quite the adventure." "It really has." Khanis replied. "Let's go home." Khanet responded. "Alright! Let's do it!" Khanis then exclaimed.

Khanet and the others headed back to the entrance. Pharaoh Khotep and Gamila stayed and waved goodbye to their children as they left. Khanet and the rest of the group turned around and waved back. Khanis then added "By the way Mom, I'm married now and I have a child." The Queen covered her mouth and gasped. Khotep asked "You have a kid now, Son?" "Why yes actually." Khanis replied. "You can come visit anytime you want." Khanis then added. "We would love to." Pharaoh Khotep replied.

"Khanis. Come on. Let's go." Khanet exclaimed. Khanis then turned around and they continued walking out of the tomb. They had to make it through the boobytraps and puzzles of the tomb with the help of Khanet's amulet. They finally made it out of the tomb after they found the switch that opened the exit.

They all sighed a pant of relief of finding the switch to the exit. "Well the good news is we made it out alive." Khanis replied happily. "I'm just glad we found the switch." Anubis declared. "Yeah. If we didn't find the switch, we would've been stuck there forever." Anput explained.

"Well...not exactly." Khanet replied. "What do you mean 'not exactly'? What are you talking about?" Anput asked Khanet. "I could use my amulet too if we were in that situation. So either way, we would be able to get out no matter how bad the situation may be." Khanet explained. "So what you're saying is either way, our chances are pretty good!" Anubis exclaimed. "Pretty much. Yeah." Khanet replied.

"Okay. I was trying to make sure that we were on the same page." Anubis explained. "Let's continue our journey back home." Khanet replied. Everyone else nodded to Khanet. They continued moving forwards through the desert. A couple of hours later, the sun was setting. So, they decided to make camp and continue their journey tomorrow. They lit a fire and decided to tell stories. Maybe joke around a little bit.

Khanis then decided to tell everyone a story about an event that happened in his life. "It's funny because my sister decided to slap me in the face so many times to the point where my face felt numb." Khanis exclaimed. "Khanet. What a horrible thing to do. Why would you do that?" Anput asked.

"Because he was being so loud that it echoed throughout the palace and my father was trying to sleep. I think." Khanet explained. "So you thought it was a great idea to slap him?" Anubis then asked. "Yep." Khanet replied. Anubis started clapping slowly. "Wow. Good job. Nice going, Khanet. That was very smart of you." Anubis exclaimed sarcastically. He then stopped clapping.

"Anubis. It's fine. In fact, I'm over it. That's now a joke to me. My face doesn't hurt anymore. But those slaps were hard though." Khanis explained. "I would hope that it didn't hurt anymore. Otherwise, there's something wrong with your body." Anubis replied. "Yeah. It's all good now." Khanis exclaimed. "I will never do that again. I promise." Khanet responded. "Good call." Khanis then replied. He giggled and added "Hey Anubis. Remember the first time I met you." "Yes. I remember. That was incredibly awkward for me." Anubis exclaimed.

They all laughed so hard that night. It looked like they had just ate too much sugar. They could not stop laughing. While they were having a good time in the desert, Iris was talking with her child, who was three years old because of Isis's aging spell. She already was learning how to talk. Iranis asked "Mommy. Where's Daddy?" "Your father is in battle. But he'll be back eventually." Iris answered. "Ok." Iranis replied quietly.

"Off to bed with you." Iris exclaimed. Iris then waved to her servants to take her child to her room. Iris yawned and decided to go to bed. She got up from her throne, walked down the steps, got ready for bed, and headed to her bedroom, so she could go to sleep. She laid in bed thinking about the absence of her husband. She thought 'Where is he? What happened to him? Is he captured? Or is he dead?' She then began to cry. For she could not live without her husband.

Within minutes, she fell fast asleep. It was the next day, Khanet got up and decided to stretch as she continued yawning. Everyone else then got up and packed their things. Khanet did too. They all ate their breakfast and then stood up, so they could continue on. After awhile, they finally made it to the front gate.

"Welcome back, your Majesty and your Highness." One guard exclaimed.

The guards took out the key and unlocked the gate. The group then entered through the gate to head into the throne room, where Iris was sitting on Khanis's throne.