Chapter 2 - Home -

He sat down across the table. and ordered two beers. Everyone in town knew of Vlad and didn't dare look at him. the poor serving girl shakingly put the beers down and ran back into the kitchen.

He took one of the beers and leaned back comfortably while drinking. Heaving his feat onto the table. Despite him looking relaxed and calm Melissa didn't drop her guard. She had seen them both threw the years. Violently killing. Torturing and other things.
his eyes looked her up and down while he handed her the second beer.

She didn't think twice about accepting and Vlad kept looking at her. "So birthday girl. You sure look fucked up ". he spoke calmly.
"My name is Melissa" she whispered back painfully.
"I remember" he said coldly. "Now finish your beer im taking you for a ride." he took another sip.

Melissa wanted to run and hide. Or turn him down. But the beating earlier hurt to much. She could barely move. Let alone try to run. She was so tired, if this was the end for her then so be it.

Its amazing how shes still alive he thought to himself. its been 6 years since then. she should be atleast 20 perhaps older? so skinny bruised and broken. When Tom called and said he found an old "friend" and that he got promises to keep he got curious as to what Tom found.

She must have spend most of her life on the street. She was a surviver. a fighter and he respected that. Wallets from his men. Still went missing over the years giving an idea she was around but it was never proven. upon taking their last sip. he helped her up. and dragged her out to his car. she didnt protest or speak. He never seen someone so tired. she fell asleep as soon as the hot air from the car hit her face. a little smile on her lips. guessing she was freezing.

he carried her to the small house they arrived at a few hours later. Put her in a bed and went outside. He picked Up the phone and waited three signals before Tom answered "Its taken care of, Ill hold my promise make preparations. If your done playing around." Vlad asked in a bored tone.
"You know me. I gotta torture a bit aswell not just killing from a distance, its not everyday I catch a traitor before you do. Give me a week " Tom sounded excited.
"Indeed enjoy this one. Next one is mine". with that they hung up and he went to check on the woman.

She stood up in the middle of the room. apart from Toms open jacket and a few left over pieces of her own clothing she was almost naked. He looked at all the bruises and scars then met her gaze. "Go take a bath" He pointed at the bathroom door wich was first door on the right downstairs. and she nodded and slowly and painfully moved there to the stairs. Vlad sighed at his own stupidity he knew her ribs were broken. He quickly picked her up.

She held her breath all the way downstairs not knowing how to react. And when he put her down he quickly let go and was gonna move into the kitchen. "Um can you help me in the tub?" She asked turning bright red. And her head went down. She often did this when she was shy.

"Alright Birthday girl".
"Its Melissa"she sounded angry. wich was good.
"I remember" he said with a grin.
He liked her angry. Means she hasn't given up on life yet.

After the bath she got dressed in a shirt that was either Toms or Vlads she didn't care. It smelled nice. and went to the kitchen. "Why are you two helping me?" She asked when Vlad joined her. "You see. When you stole my wallet I laughed with Tom saying how you were either brave or stupid. Then we made a bet. Ill tell you the rest soon" He answered.

he went to the fridge and got his second beer for the evening and sat down at the kitchen table and took a sip before continuing. "Right. I seriously thought you would be dead by now. And Tom belived otherwise. So we basically bet money. But seing as were both rich it was no fun. And Im an arse so I promised Tom that if your alive in 6 years by then 20 and Still homeless. I would make you my wife.

"Y..you ..I....ehm ..
"I need a strong wife, I need a surviver, who better then you huh?" he grinned.
" Im leaving tomorrow morning . Need someone to look after my house the month im gone." He was serious.
"Why don't you take this time to deside if the most hated man would be worth being married and birth his kids too for a home and safety.

"How can you trust me?" She asked.
"In my experience its like with dogs. The stray muts are the most loyal ones." He answered earning himself a slap.
Im sorry" she said after remembering who she just touched.
"the first one is for free darling,,, next one wont be.." all humor was gone from his face. and he left her in the bedroom.

After thinking and resting for a good hour or two she went downstairs looking for Vlad. He was in the livingroom and as soon as she came up his head looked her way .
"Alright ill stay and think about your offer till you return" she said with a low voice.

He got up on his feet and quickly walked over. he took out a set of keys and handed them over. then he pet her head.
"Well then future wife welcome home".

with that he left her to go sleep. and she stood left behind muttering "Its Melissa".