Chapter 3: Gambled Souls

~UA High School~

It was one of those days again. A day in which Todoroki actually seemed happy for once. Sure, he had his normal monotone expression. But his eyes were alive. And he didn't mind socializing with a few of his classmates if they attempted to talk with him. One of the people that noticed these changes, was Shinso. A kid from general studies that fought Todoroki in the Sports Festival. From that day forward the two had been close friends when Shinso was moved up into Class A. Another that noticed was Tokoyami. One of the only people Todoroki and Shinso would sit with at lunch, finding the male was actually pretty friendly and social when he wanted to be. This small trio of friends were all shockingly close. And while a few others picked up on Todoroki's good mood, only Tokoyami and Shinso were curious about what was causing it. "So what's got you so happy today?" Shinso asked. Todoroki smiled softly. "Just have something planned for this evening. Getting away from my dimwit of a father." He said. "That's nice." Tokoyami commented. "Indeed." Todoroki agreed. But Shinso couldn't shake the feeling that Todoroki wasn't telling them something. 

~Time Skip~

"Shinso this is an invasion of privacy." Tokoyami muttered, both males watching Todoroki from around a corner. "Hush or he's going to hear you." Shinso whispered, not listening in the slightest. They followed Todoroki, shocked to find that the male was making his way into the villainous side of town. They followed him to an abandoned building. Todoroki looked around before walking towards the building. Shinso and Tokoyami were both shocked as he disappeared before their very eyes. They ran up and Shinso waved his hand in front of him finding that there was a barrier that his hand disappeared behind. He shot Tokoyami a look before pushing his way inside the barrier only to be blasted by electro swing music and finding himself in a crowd of people. Tokoyami pushed his way in as well looking around in shock. They saw Todoroki laughing with a few people as they danced to the music. "Lucifer sure has some good musical taste! This is amazing!" Someone said, nudging Todoroki. The male laughed with a large smile causing Shinso and Tokoyami to be even more shocked than before. The small crowd of people pat Todoroki on the shoulders, a few laughing and ruffling his hair as they all walked inside the building with lights and the loud music. Shinso and Tokoyami shot eachother looks and they followed the crowd inside. They moved downstairs, Tokoyami noting the "Lucifer's Casino" sign. "Shinso this is illegal as all hell." Tokoyami muttered as they followed the crowd. 

Once they entered the casino they were blinded by the many games and lights. The sheer grandeur of the casino was enough to shock the males. They heard Todoroki laugh loudly over the music and quickly followed the sound of his voice. They found him dancing up to a green haired male before throwing an arm around him. "Looks like you took my suggestion of having some electro swing too eh?" Todoroki questioned. The green haired male with black wings laughed as well. "Along with a few other suggestions. You've really helped liven up the place! I honestly want to give you a job here now!" He said. Todoroki smirked looking at the bartender. "Kaio, hey! Hit me with some wine will ya'?" Todoroki asked. The brown haired bartender with the red highlight in his hair nodded, his brown eyes having the slightest spark in them. The green haired male laughed a little before standing up and snapping his fingers, jamming to the music. "You were right to recommend this mix to me, I listened to it earlier and I just HAD to have it in the casino!" He said. "Anytime Lucifer!" Todoroki said, grabbing the wine that Kaio slid down the bar to him. "Hey love, hand me some wine too!" A black haired female said, sitting down at the bar. Lucifer smiled and waved the female over. "Flame! Good to see you! Its odd for you to be away from your post." He said. She stood up and walked over, Kaio handing her a glass of wine. She sat down with the others with a smile. "I think you'll need me more in here than you will outside. People get rowdy in here. Besides, with this kinda music I had to be inside!" Flame said, raising her glass, her dark purple eyes sparking. Kaio chuckled a little, reaching over and ruffling her hair. "I don't think anyone will get rowdy when the head bouncer is here." He said. She swat at his hand and the others started laughing. She drunk her wine before standing up. "Imma go find Ashley. See ya'." She said, getting up and walking away. Todoroki downed his wine, setting the glass down. Kaio took both empty glasses and placed them in the sink to be cleaned later. Tokoyami and Shinso walked up. Todoroki looked, and his eyes widened seeing them. "W-what are you two doing here!?" He asked.