This will be the day that we have been waiting for Chapter 5

THIS WILL BE THE DAY CHAPTER 5

One week later in Taiyang's room at Dr. Watson's home, Oscar pushes Ruby, who is in a wheelchair, up to the bed to see her father. Yang is with them.

Ruby: Dad? It's me Ruby. Can you hear me?

Yang: Dad? We're both here. Everyone is ok. Can you wake up?

Tai groans and his eyes twitch.

Ruby squeezes his right hand while Yang squeezes his left hand.

Both: Dad?

Tai groans again but squeezes their hands.

Ruby: Yang? Did you see that?

Yang: I felt it. Dad! Dad, please; open your eyes.

Tai groans: Uuhh. tired..... trying.....wa, wa, ...water. He manages weakly.

Yang and Ruby both hug him: DAD!!

Oscar pours a little water and offers it to Yang.

Yang: Ok, Dad. You want water? Then you have to wake up for me. She lifts his head a little gently and tries to pour a little down his throat.

Tai coughs a little and swallows hard.

Tai: I'm....awake....

Yang: No, not quite. Come on Dad. She wets his lips a little more with the water and tries to give him another drink. Most of it runs down his chin.

Tai smacks his lips a little: it ...hurts... His eyes open slightly.

Oscar: I'll go get the doctor.

After a couple of minutes, Dr. Watson returns. He examines Taiyang briefly. He looks at the girls and smiles. This is a very good start. He is awake just very weak. He will need some time to recover but, I can see that he is doing very well now. I am pleased. You can stay and talk with him. It will help him to be surrounded by family.

A couple of hours later, everyone meets in the living area to discuss what comes next.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow? How do we find the Winter maiden?

Oscar/Ozpin clears his throat: We don't. We know who the Winter maiden is.

Yang: So where is she?

Nora: Does Salem know who she is?

Jaune: Who is it?

Blake: Is she for us.... or against us?

Weiss: Why haven't you told us about this before?

Oscar/Ozpin: Calm down everyone. One thing at a time. She is most definitely on our side. Yes, Salem does know who she is. In fact, she is Salem's sister. She doesn't want to flaunt her powers and draw negative attention to herself. Salem knows she can never turn her. We must be very careful. I asked her to lay low for her own safety. There are many things that I seldom speak of. I only tell these things to those I feel I can trust. There are many things I may not have told you. When it is necessary, I will reveal what is important for you to know.

Yang: And you expect us to trust you? I think it is important for us to know everything. Is that what happened when my mother left? Did she learn something that you didn't want her to know?

Ozpin: Your mother made a choice. I wish that she had chosen to stay. I am sorry that she doesn't feel that she can trust me. I hope that you will continue to feel you can. Believe me; there is much that you don't know and may not understand. I do not wish you any harm. My one and only goal is to defeat Salem and end this. I believe that our goals are the same; I think we stand a much better chance if we work together, but it is your choice.