This will be the day that we have waited for Chapter 6

This Will Be the Day That We Have Been Waiting For

Chapter 6

When Yang and the others arrive at the bandit camp, they find the entire bandit tribe surrounding Raven's tent. When they spot Yang, the crowd begins to part to make way for her to enter the tent. Jaune, Ren and Nora hang back.

Jaune: Yang, we will give you some privacy. We'll all be right here if you need anything. Jaune squeezes Yang's hand.

Yang, squeezing his hand back: No, Jaune. I can't ... I'm afraid.

Jaune: Do you want me to go in with you?

Yang: Y-yes. Yes, ok. Thank you.

Jaune leads Yang into the tent where Dr. Watson is already looking over Raven.

Yang rushes to Raven's side: Mom? Mom? She cries. Yang buries her head on Raven's chest sobbing.

Jaune: Dr. Watson, can you help her?

Dr. Watson: I'm sorry Yang. She is in very critical condition. She needs surgery, and I can not do it here. I am not certain that she is strong enough to survive the trip.

There are several bandit medics in the tent. They were doing all they could to help Raven, but her injuries were too severe. One of them approaches Yang.

Marta: It is ok dear. We will prepare your mother for the trip. She is a very strong woman. If anyone can survive this, it is your mother.

Yang: Can I please have a few minutes with her?

Jaune starts to leave but Yang stops him. Jaune stays with her for support. Everyone else leaves. The others all make preparations for their trip.

Yang: Mom? Mom come back to me. You can't do this to me. You can't leave me again! Dad is finally out of the woods. Ruby still can't walk. Uncle Qrow is going to make it. You must pull through this. The tribe needs you. We need you. I need you. Don't you dare die on me! She buries her head again sobbing loudly.

Jaune: It's okay Yang. I'm here for you. We are going to get her there. I promise.

Yang: Mom, hang in there. Please! Jaune helps Yang up and outside. The bandit medics rush in and prepare Raven for the trip. To their surprise, the entire bandit camp is packed up and ready to me.

Yang: All they all planning to go with us?

Emerald: Yep. Raven is their leader; our leader. Wherever she goes, we go,

Ren and Nora hug Yang.

Ren: It is going to be ok.

Just then Marta approaches. They have Raven on a stretcher.

Marta: We are ready when you are.

Dr. Watson and others lead the way carrying Raven. Yang, Jaune, Ren, Nora and Emerald follow. Again, to Yang's surprise, the entire bandit camp begins to follow.

Yang stops and turns to speak to them.

Yang: We don't know if my mother will make it. We...can't be sure that she will survive the trip. Everyone.... Should prepare yourselves. You don't have to come with us...I will let you know....when....

Marta hugs Yang: My dear. Raven is our mother too. We are family. Without your mother, there is no tribe. We will not leave her, or you. We are coming and that's final. We will not get in the way.

Yang nods in agreement and they begin the trip back to Dr. Watson's home.

Meanwhile, back at Dr. Watson's the others begin planning for the next attack while waiting for news about Raven. Oscar/Ozpin, Ruby, Blake, Sun, Weiss, Glynda Goodwitch, and Winter are sitting in the main living area discussing what to do next. Ruby is fully recovered. Qrow is still resting and healing from his injuries, and spending time caring for Ethan.