Prologue

"Janet! Janet wake up!"

"Huh, what?" I ask as I feel someone shake me awake.

I raise my hand to rub my eyes, letting out a yawn as I do so. As I adjust to the light I see my sister Jacqueline holding a cup of water over my head. I screech and roll over towards the edge. It seems I didn't correctly estimate where the edge is. A wave of pain ran through my body as I hit the floor. I groan and give my little sister a death glare. She smiles at me sheepishly but still dumps the cup of water all over me. "Jacqueline Sky!" I shout at her retreating figure.

My back is most likely going to be sore for the rest of the week. You see, I have these back pain that usually come around every two or three weeks. Sometimes it gets so bad that I'm confined to my bed for more than two days. Now I'm stuck on the floor until my mom comes to check on me. Which should be right about... now.

"Janet dear, why are you not down-." Hey eyes move around my room; from my quilt hanging from my bed, to the puddle of water on the floor. As her gaze returns to me she runs over, the concern on evident on her face. The reason all this happens on a two to three-week basis? It's a bit of a sullen tale, but I'll tell you anyway. To do this, I need to go back to four years ago when I was thirteen years old.