The Interview

Lena had been getting calls everyday of the week, requesting more information about the new woman in her life. It had been the first time of the press hearing about the Luthor girl even in a relationship, much less one with another woman. They didn't think Lena would want to bring any unnecessary attention to herself. It's when the press decided to come up with the story over the fact that it was all fake because of how convenient it was that you had only appeared when she announced the renaming of LuthorCorp

It's when Lena decided she needed to take control of the media storm. She gathered her media team and asked them to help her prepared for an interview about you.

"So I think it's time that I finally do that interview about our relationship. The media is already talking about how it is all an elaborate thing to avoid any attention to the switch of LuthorCorp."

Lena arrived home, greeting you with a quick side hug.

"Oh. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No. It's fine. I just wanted to let you know so that you weren't blindsided by it."

Lena takes a seat besides you, taking a minute to prepare herself to what she was going to say.

"I might need us to take pictures to release to the media. Make it seem like we've been dating for a while by taking pictures in random places and such."

"Of course Lena. Anything you need. Did you want to go now or did you want to wait some time later on."

"The sooner the better then."

"Grab several other outfits to change into."

She called out as you headed back to your room to change.

You grabbed most of what you had bought and then followed Lena out and into her car.

Lena drove all around the city. Picking spots that had no identifying features and so on. By the end of the day, the two of you had more than enough pictures to fill out an album if anyone needed it.

"Thank you again for doing this."

The two of you had finally arrived back at her place after a long day.

"Lena, I told you. You don't have to thank me or anything. It's why you hired me for. To be your girlfriend and anything else you might need."

You hated bringing up the fact that she was basically paying you to be her friend but it annoyed you that she had to thank you for hanging out with her. 

You sigh and make her sit down when you notice her change in mood.

"Lena, I love hanging out with you. You're my friend and sure this friendship started out as something else but I care about you. In fact.."

You went over to grab your laptop and scrolled through your documents to fine her contract. Deleting it and emptying out the trash as you did.

"You don't even have to pay me anymore. You're already letting me stay here for free and giving me things that I need and don't need. There's nothing else I could ask for."

Lena stayed quiet as she watched you delete the contract.

"A deal is a deal, (y/n). I'm paying you and that's end of discussion."

"Lena. I don't want you to think that I'm only here for the money and so on. I've genuinely come to care about you."

Lena had no reason to believe you. She had only known you for a couple of days and you were already claiming to be her friend. It was suspicious and she realized that she couldn't let her guard down.

"Right. Well I need to go to bed. I've set up an interview with a Kara Danvers and I needed as much sleep as possible. Goodnight (y/n)."

You knew exactly what Lena was doing but yet you did nothing to stop her. 

"Goodnight Lena."

Finding no reason to stay up any longer, you went to you room.

You woke up around noon, finding the house to be empty except for a note that Lena had left explaining about your breakfast and where she had gone to. 

'Holy shit dude, you're famous now. Look at this!!!!!' 

Your friend had texted you a link of the article that had lots of pictures of the two of you that Lena had taken yesterday.

'So Lena, lets cut to the chase, who's the woman you introduced to the world yesterday.

"Her name is (y/n). She's my girlfriend of about 6 months. I would just like to clarify that she's just not my girlfriend. That shouldn't define her as a person."

(Picture of the two of you on a date)

'Not at all. We're just curious about why even bring her to the conference? Why suddenly reveal her to the public. Was it something planned.'

"I needed her support. Changing LuthorCorp to L-Corp was a major change and I just needed her with me. If I hadn't announced the renaming or move to new goals of my company then I wouldn't have bothered to show her to the public. I knew if I had let the press know about her that her whole life would be criticized and I was afraid of that. The media can be cruel and she's nothing but sweet. I needed to protect her from it."

'That's actually sweet, Lena. Can I call you Lena?'

"As long as I can call you Kara then."

Lena went on to answer a couple of more questions about the two of you. All of her responses were so sweet. Especially the last part of the interview. 

'So I don't want to take too much of your time so is there anything else the public should know about (y/n) or anything else you would like to add?'

"I've been hiding her in fear of the media bringing her down. My worst fears were confirmed when I read the headlines and I just knew I had to respond. I love (y/n). I know that I'm a public figure and I have practically no privacy but I beg the media to leave her alone. She's my everything and I would hate to lose her because of everything that comes with dating someone in the public eye."

Lena had decided to end her day early, wanting to just go home and avoid everyone to let the interview blow over. She trusted the new reported and she figured that she would do it justice. Kara seemed the type of person one could trust and that's why she had decided to go with her.

"I read the article."

"Oh. I thought you weren't going to read it."

"I wasn't but my friend sent it to me. Thank you for the last part."

"It's nothing. The least I could do is try to get them off you're back. I'm quite exhausted and I need some rest so I'm just going to rest. Let me know if you need anything."

"Of course. I'll see you later then."

You watched as she headed to her room and you couldn't help but think back to the interview. She talked so highly of you and made it seem like she was actually in love with you. Either she was a really good actress or maybe there was some truth to it.