Meeting Kara

Lena's friendship with Kara was not something you had expected. She was after all a member of the press and you worried that Lena could be hurt in the process of trying to make a new friend. You kept a close eye on her and as much as you wanted to hate her. You just couldn't. She was so goddamn happy and nice that is was near impossible to hate her.

You weren't sure if it was because of Kara or because of something else but Lena was being much more open with you. Talking about how her day had gone and the current projects she was working on. It made you so happy to see that smile that she hardly ever did because of circumstances. 

However, your trust in Kara changed. You had been walking towards L-Corp when you noticed Lena's new best friend duck into an alley and a few seconds later see Supergirl fly out of the same alley. You wanted to investigate to see what was going on and walked down to find a pair of ripped clothes and some glasses. Lena needed to know this. Your worst fears were confirmed. It was even worse than you had thought. Kara was just being friends with Lena because she wanted to know more about her. It pissed you off and you rushed off to Lena's office.

You burst in, ignoring Jess' cries about how Lena was in a meeting.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, darling. I had no idea you had a client."

Jess just rolled her eyes as she went back to her desk. This had been the second person that just burst in without caring about the consequences.

"I'm actually done. You can stay if you'd like. Mr. Smith was just on his way out."

He nodded along and left.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you but what are you doing here?"

You looked down at the clothes you had and then pushed them behind you. Lena couldn't know. Kara was Lena's first/second friend and it would destroy her if she ever found out. 

"I just wanted to go see if you wanted to have lunch with Kara."

"I was actually going to invite you. She came to ask me out for lunch. Kara just had to step out to do something quick but she'll be right back."

You scoff at the excuse she gave and push Kara's clothes inside your bag. Just then, Kara walks in, looking out of breath.

"Are you alright Kara? What happened to your clothes?"

Lena stood up from her desk to pour some water to her friend.

"I accidentally spilled some coffee on myself and had to change."

You roll your eyes at her excuse and clear your throat.

"Oh right. Kara, this is (y/n). (y/n), this is Kara."

She gave you a smile, extending her hand for you to shake. To which you did and although you wanted to hurt her by squeezing her hand too hard, it was impossible to do so. She was Supergirl after all.

Soon after, the three of you headed out to the nearest restaurant to grab a quick lunch. 

It was pointless for you to even come. Kara and Lena had both drifted off in their own conversation, making it seem as if they were dating and you were just the third wheel. Lena had taken notice and apologized once you got back to her office.

"It's fine Lena. You don't have to apologize. I'm just glad you've found someone that you get along with."

Lena took note of the jealous tone but didn't say anything. She needed to remind herself not to fall for you or anything of the matter. You were simply just in it for the money and you didn't care for her.

"Alright then. I have a meeting in 10 minutes. Should I call my driver to come get you or are you alright?"

"I'd like to get a ride."

Lena sent him a text, quickly getting one back from him.

"He'll be here within a few minutes. I'll go wait with you."

She led you out of her office and down the elevator, where he was already waiting for you. You took notice of Lena's employees starring at you so you pulled her in for a kiss before climbing inside the car.

"I'll see you for dinner, love."

Lena just gave you a wide smile before closing the door. She ignored the curious looks in her employee's faces and headed back to her office to clear her head. Business deals and such always helped her forget things that she didn't want to deal with at the moment. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't going to help this time as she had to make the woman repeat herself several times until she eventually had to reschedule for another day.

All she kept thinking about were the faces you would keep making at Kara and even the jealous tone you had when she apologized. It was confusing her. Perhaps you were only playing along but then again there was no one in the office when you apologized. 

Maybe hiring someone to be your fake girlfriend was not a good idea.