The End

AN: I felt like I was dragging it already too long so I'm ending it earlier than I thought I was going to. Sorry if it seems rushed. Thank you again for those that have been reading it.

Although you had been gone for almost two years, the two of you had quickly adjusted to living together quickly. It was like you had never even left and it made you happy. You had your doubts about things being the way they were but this was much better. The two of you were much stronger and thus allowed you to have a stronger relationship.

As your relationship, strengthened, the two of you had agreed to do an interview to explain what had happened between the two of you. Lena had been ashamed to admit where she even met you but she got over real quick when she realized that it didn't matter where she had met you. What mattered was that she had met you. In fact, she was happy that she had gone through what she did. Otherwise, she would have never met you.

The interviewed was very well received that it somehow even boosted the stocks for L-Corp. It made Lena smile to see that she was now being accepted. Her greatest fear had been that the interview would have caused a backlash but had all been put to rest when she read the thousands of comments telling her that they supported her and that she seemed much happier. 

The months passed by and eventually years until finally, you ended up graduating from medical school. You just needed a couple of more years to finally have your dream job as a doctor but that didn't matter. What mattered was that you had finally achieved your goals of graduating medical school and that had all been thanks to Lena. She had been the one to support you in just about every kind of way. 

She helped you study, dealt with your late nights, provided you emotional support when you needed it, helped you cover your semester when you had been short one time and you couldn't ask for anyone better than her. 

No one could ever compete. She was perfect. 

The day after you had graduated from medical school, you went out ring shopping. You already had in mind what you wanted and how you wanted to ask her. You had never been this nervous and you were excited to soon be calling Lena your wife. 

X

You ended up proposing to Lena on the roof of L-Corp. Kara had helped you set up the entire roof for a romantic proposal and had even helped with the taking pictures part so you could have pictures of a moment you never wanted to forget. 

Lena had been surprised when she realized what was going on. She found it funny that the two of you had thought about marrying each other around the same time. Lena had actually gone to go out and buy a ring after your graduation. She realized after watching you walk across the stage that she wanted to be able to call you her wife. After sliding the ring down her finger, she got down on one knee and proposed to you. It was romantic as hell and you couldn't wait for the wedding day. 

X

You could not stop crying. You were just so goddamn happy. 

It had taken almost another year to plan the wedding just so that everything was perfect. It was suppose to be the wedding of the year when the press had gotten word that the two of you were getting married but the two of you had ended up decided to just hold a private wedding ceremony between your closets friends and family members. 

You cried the moment Lena walked down the aisle. You cried as she read her vows. You cried as you danced with her during the wedding reception. 

They were all happy tears. Lena made you happy and you couldn't believe that you had gotten lucky with her. You could finally start your life with her.