Lies.

There was silence for a while, the two of them not really knowing what to say.

She couldn't believe she was alive, sure, spinels didn't just shatter like that, they were tough... Steven was going to find out eventually, she couldn't tell him herself, it would shatter his heart.

"Do you remember anything? Anything at all?"

He began, trying to break the silence.

"No, I was just on my own and then something attacked me..."

Yup, another lie. She was now lying to the only person who somewhat cared about her. Great going Spinel. Great going...

She didn't care if what she was saying was true or not. She just wanted Steven to believe her.

"Why were you in such a random and cold place...? You know barely anyone is there... And your powers don't work well in the cold."

Oh.
Oh no.
He's catching on...

".... uh--"

She looks away in embarrassment, yup, go ahead. He's just gonna find out you attempted suicide an hour ago, what great news.

Meanwhile Steven was just starting into her soul, waiting for a response. Something was up and he wanted answers.

"Well this is awkward-"

"What did you do Spinel."
Steven interrupted. You could tell he wasn't asking anymore.

(A/N): I'm very happy to know that people are reading my story :3, please gimme suggestions on what happens next òwó