tired

Sharper language and extremely slight sexual suggestion , I swear to God it's not smut 💀💀💀

She continues to cry, it feels good, but it feels bad. She can let her feelings out without hurting anyone, but this is her third time breaking down infront of Steven.

The first time when she unleashed an assault onto beach city, second a few minutes ago, and the third, right now.

She was far from proud, she wanted to crawl into a hole and die. She felt Steven thought she was pathetic, she thought he wanted to throw her back onto homeworld and let the diamonds carelessly handle her again.

"M-maybe you should just take it easy and have a rest?"

He said, maybe even asked. He didn't want her to go through another mood swing, he wanted to rest too.

"Rest? You mean... Sleeping..? Or whatever you humans call it..."

The defective gem stared at the ground, replying lazily, no longer having the energy to come up with anything special to say.

"Yes, have you tried it..? It will make you feel better."

He cupped her cheek so she would face him, and tried to make eye contact.

"No, I've not. I don't need sleep, it just seems like a waste of time to me."

Spinel was having trouble looking him in the eyes, though she replied honestly. She didn't necessarily find sleeping or eating disgusting or stupid, but it seemed pointless to her. Why spend so many hours asleep when you could be doing something more productive? And why eat? It's just putting junk that comes out of the ground into your body, and it comes out the other end anyway.

"I promise, just- just trust me-!"

Steven stamped his foot on the ground and was beginning to sound a little annoyed by how stubborn she was behaving. Steven did want her to feel better, but he also wanted her out of his hair for a bit, she was stressing him out.

Spinel was a bit startled by his angry sounding response. She didn't say anything, but just made more intense eye contact with him, looking at him almost fearfully.

"I'm sorry I'm just frustrated-"

he sighs, as he explained himself. Being a teenager was hard, he had mood swings too, and the morning boners, those damned things. It was basically impossible to pee.

( as a female, you may be wondering how in the living hell I know that, don't ask ;W; )

"it's alright... I guess I'll try sleeping..."

Steven smiled feebly, as Spinel had ever so kindly complied. She sat there for a minute or two

"Is this how it's done? am I doing it right?"

uhh whoops, Spinel doesn't know how to sleep. This might end up like another pearl situation, awkward, to say the least.

"not exactly spinel... you need to lie down.."

"okay..."
she almost hesitated, as she lay back down to the position she was previously in.

"you close your eyes.. and you can't talk, or move."
he explained calmly

"hey, this sorta reminds me of this bon-dia-ge thing you humans practice during intercourse!"

what. the. fuck.

spinels sudden and rather interesting response made Steven nearly choke on his spit.

"If Garnet told you that I swear to God-"

"It was Connie, actually."

"just go to sleeP please-!"
Steven covered his face in embarrassment and he was blushing pretty hard.

"oh alright..."
she shrugged, as she closed her eyes and relaxed, soon she was fast asleep.

Steven smiled happily, she was finally going to get some well deserved rest. A few minutes passed, until something happened...

The door opening startled him again

"It's Garnet, mission was a false alarm."

oh crap.