Chapter 2

Vanellope takes one look at her new world, then immediately tries to run back through the portal. It's just closing as she hears Shank yell: "See ya, V!"

She makes to yell at the now nonexistent portal, but she thinks that will look a bit  strange to some random passerby, even though she sees no one. Well, it is pretty early in the morning to be judgy. She looks around, annoyed. Shank said someone would be there to take her to her host's house! So where are they, for god's sake? She hears approaching footsteps-no, running ones. But- that's REALLY fast! She turns around, just in the nick of time. Dash is speeding towards her, but she glitches behind him, thinking he would stop. Needless to say, he doesn't. They crash into each other, then fall on the floor. Their legs are tangled, and Dash's face is only a few inches from hers.

"Ow..." she mumbled, not looking up yet.

"Ditto." says a voice she has never heard before. Vanellope looks up, and Dash looks down. They realize how close they are to each other, they both turned into very ripe tomatoes and tried to move. It didn't work, of course, because their legs were still tangled. Dash fell, his face landing on her cheek. 

" DashMom told you to stop running! We will find your freaking roommate when we do! Ugh, you are so-" She jogged up to the track, where she finds them in this...awkward position.

"Violet- help us up!" Dash yelled. Vanellope winced, he was yelling in her ear.

"Wait-hold on- just let me get a picture- and done." They have a four year difference in age, Dash is now fourteen, Violet is eighteen. They are still driving each other crazy everyday. She finishes her photoshoot, then helps them up, probably only because Helen and Bob were approaching. Dash is still a tomato, but quickly tries to shake it off.

"Mom, Dash just ran over his roommate." Violet snitched.

"Wha-Violet! Dad, don't believe her, it was an accident!"

"Right. It's also an accident when this goes viral on the internet." she whispered in his ear, then waved her phone in front of him. 

Vanellope stood there, unsure of what to do or say. She would be the most perfect, polite, princess in front of them, but she needed to yell at Dash later.

"Oh my goodness, you poor thing! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Helen rushed over to her, Jack Jack closely following. He was five now, and able to walk on  his own. She began to question even faster, so she cut her off.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She looked around, surveying them. There was the dad, a big guy who was rolling his eyes at the kids fighting. The older sister, who was taunting him. She had black hair, like Vanellope! I wonder where she got it from, no one else had black hair that she could see. The mom, obviously, was all up in her face. Brown hair, she was the most reasonable of them all, Vanellope could already tell. And...the baby. She never met anyone that much younger than her before, Slaughter Race was not exactly a playground for babies. And then there was him. Dash. Shank was right, he is cute. She made a mental note never to tell her that. Blond hair, slicked back, blue eyes. And his freckles are the finishing touch. Wow. What is wrong with me? I've met plenty of boys, like Ralph and- oh dear.

"Are you sure, sweetheart?" Vanellope nodded. "Okay, then. It's very nice to meet you-er- so sorry, what's your name?

"Oh, right. I'm Vanellope." she smiled lightly.

"That's a nice name, honey. It's good to meet you. I'm Helen Parr, and this is my family. Guys, please introduce yourselves."

"Hey kiddo, I'm Robert Parr, you can call me Bob."

"Hi, I'm Violet. I'm eighteen."

"Jack-Jack." He pointed at himself.

"Hey, my name is Dash. Sorry for running you over and stuff, it was an accident." he said sheepishly.

"And so was that little pose, I'm guessing," murmured Violet.

"SHUT UP VIOLET" he made to punch her, but Bob stepped in.

"Guys, we have a guest. Where are your parents?"

"I don't have parents." she shrugged. They all fell silent, an impossible feat of nature. She saw them, and asked: "What? What's the problem?"

"There's no problem, sweetie. Let's get in the car, hmm?" Helen was considerably softer after hearing she was an orphan. She would do anything to help her feel like she had a family.

"I hear you're fast. Wanna race?" she asked Dash shyly.

"You're fast, too?" Dash replied, a new respect for her.

"You could say that. Let me get my car." she picked up her suitcase.

"Your...car?" he wondered aloud. "DAD! I WANT A CAR!"

"You wouldn't be able to drive anyway, pal."

"You can't drive?" asked Vanellope, disbelieving.

"You can drive?" asked Dash enviously.

"Um, duh. See my car?" A bright green car just...appeared behind her.

"SHE JUST PULLED THAT FROM HER SUITCASE!" Violet shrieked.

"OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!" Dash screamed, running around to observe it.

"It's even better than mine..." Bob whispered faintly.

"So, sorry, but I don't do backseat. Give me the GPS, You'll meet me there." Helen gave her the address, but protested. 

"Thanks, I'll see you there." Vanellope grinned.

"Can I come?" Dash pleaded.

"Sure. But hurry up, train's leaving. It was nice to meet you guys!"