Chapter 6

The first day of school.

Dash slung his backpack over his shoulder, like everyday. He was about to run out when his mom stretched out an arm and asked him if he was forgetting something.

"Mo-om, I'll do my math homework eventually." he groaned.

"At tutoring afterschool..." Violet mumbled, appearing out of nowhere.

"WHAT??"

"You'll see." she said, promptly disappearing again.  Helen snapped her fingers to get Dash's attention again.

"Dash, sweetie, remember your roommate?"she clicked her tongue.

"Right. Totally remembered. Uh huh. Yup. Can I go now? I acknowledged her existence!" he rushed.

"Erm-hi?" Vanellope said, coming from the next door.

"V, sweetheart, Dash was just coming up to get you!" Helen said, turning into the mother of a girl.

"Right-let's go." He said gruffly.

"Mmmkay. Address?"

"You don't need it, the bus takes us there."  

"No. Just no. Whatever, I'll find my way there."

                                                      Time Skip

Turns out, she did find her way there. Faster than the bus did. She was texting Ralph when Dash walked up to her.

"Oh, hey Dash." she murmured, not looking up from her screen.

"Hey. Who are you texting?" he said, trying and failing to sound cool.

"A friend. He's worried about my mental health. Always." she rolled her eye and climbed out of her car. "He," Dash thought reminiscently.

"Well, we gotta go inside. School's gonna start soon, you know."he reminded her.

"Who cares?" she shrugged but followed him towards the sickeningly yellow building.

"Good point. But we have to, it's illegal not to." he informed her. 

"Who cares?" she asked again.

"Listen. If you do anything fun or interesting, you go to jail-or juvie, which is worse. If you go to juvie, you  can't drive your car."

"Ah."

"Ok, drill. Head down, no talking, looking, touching, or interacting with ANYONE."

"Uh, no. I'm gonna go now." she promptly took off, hopefully to explore the school.

                                             Time Skip 

Dash's POV

I am going to kill someone. How could she possibly have known what first period was, lounging in the classroom, front row, front seat, with a group of snobby girls circling her like bees?! Also, she had changed her outfit. She went from the absolutely hideous plaid dress to her hair in a high ponytail (she's older now, so her hair is longer) to a plain rolling stones graphic tee and leggings. She was being questioned about where she was from and where she got her clothing, typical girls. One girl, Talia, saw Dash coming in and smiled, waved, and batted her eyelashes. I rolled my eyes, she so clingy and annoying. Vanellope saw this slight interaction, and pulled Talia's attention back to her. She had her eyes narrowed until class started though, Dash noticed. 

Vanellope's POV

Yeah, I hate her. I don't even know why. Now, class was starting. The teacher, Ms Ramirez, looked over at her attendance chart and asked me to stand up and tell the class about myself. This should be fun.

YES I KNOW IT'S SHORT AND I KNOW I'M HORRIBLE AT UPDATING! I'm really sorry I couldn't get through a full day of school, but please comment and vote if you're enjoying it

-Izzie