What's your name? | Shinsou x Neko! Reader Fluff

I was nervous to say the least, or well, even that was an understatement. I sighed shakily as I looked up at the looming building.

" It's even bigger in person." I mumbled in amazement. The school practically beamed in the broad daylight. I smiled widely as I walked into the school. I fumbled with my schedule as I tried to look around for my class before the first bell rang.

" Hey there!"

I turned around and was faced with a girl with short brown hair and pink cheeks. I smiled and waved sheepishly. My Japanese was a little rusty so I felt hesitant about speaking.

" You're not Japanese are you? It's okay! I won't judge if you're not quite good at speaking Japanese!" She assured me cheerfully, I sighed in relief.

" Uh, hi, I'm (L/n) ( Y/n)."
I greeted her.

" There ya go! See you're pretty good at speaking it! I'm Ochako Ururaka. Want me to help you out there? You look lost." She offered, I beamed.

" Yeah that would be great actually! Thank you, you're a lifesaver."

" It's no problem! What class you head'n to?"

" 1A, actually."

" Oh! Same one as me! You must be a new foreign exchange student. Where you from?"

" America. I just moved here last week. I'm a little nervous though since it's a new country."

" Oh I'll help you get accustomed here then! I won't mind lending a helping hand."

———

" Oh by the way, I've been meaning to ask you, what's with the hat?" She questioned, we were just outside the door. My face went red in embarrassment.

" Oh, it's a long story actua-"

The door suddenly slid open.

" Oh, morning Ururaka, ah, and you must be the new student. I thought I heard people talking out here." A tall guy with long black hair stood in the door way as he looked down at us.

" Come inside, there's nothing to worry about, we'll get you settled in." He assured me.

' Even the teachers look scary here.'

" Class, say hi to the new foreign exchange student. She's American, so she might not understand some Japanese words, be patient with her, and Mineta, keep your eyes to yourself or else a ticket to the office will be waiting for you." The teacher glared as he looked down at a particular student.

" Aw man." A kid in the back mumbled.

Whispers and murmurs filled the class as I waved shyly at everyone.

" You sit behind Miydoriya, the one with broccoli hair-" The teacher was suddenly cut off by another student in the class.

" Hey I heard that!" Said a boy with green hair. I chuckled softly and seated myself behind him. Suddenly a loud kid that sat in front of the green-haired boy spoke up.

" Hey newbie, what's with the hat?" He questioned, my face felt red again as eyes went to me.

" Nothi-"

Suddenly a kid behind me slipped it off, I panicked as my face went a darker shade of red. My fluffy ears poked out from the top of my head.

The kid from behind me tossed my hat onto my desk. By that point everyone had their eyes on me as they gasped and whispered even more about me.

" Cute ears, what do you hide them for?" The kid asked as he petted one of them.

" H-Hey don't touch 'em!" I studdered as my hands flew to cover them.