Opening night- James March

So this is longer than the essay that took me weeks to write, like, that thing was only ~1,600 words and this is 3845 words. Just think about that for a moment.

Description; Y/N is a prestigious young actor who has recently shot to fame, but he has one problem. He's in love with a man, James Patrick March, and he's just been invited to the opening night of his brand new hotel. After a few drinks and a long conversation, Y/N finds himself outside his room with the man who has unknowingly ruled his life for so long, and he's just confessed his feelings. Will James feel the same way, or will his career be ruined when his confession comes to light?

Contains; Choking, degrading, mentions of murder, mentions of past encounters (with Rudolph Valentino)

Y/N was no stranger to prestigious events such as this. He'd been to countless grand openings, but this wasn't just any grand opening, this was the opening of the Hotel Cortez. Each invitation has been hand written by James Patrick March himself. Y/N had spoken to his manager before hand to secure himself a permanent room, and with the opening tonight he couldn't wait to explore the place.

The moment he'd stepped out of the car, cameras were flashing, women were calling out for him, everyone trying to catch a glimpse of the young, attractive actor. Y/N had grown used to the bombardment, this attention came with being such a demanded actor. Women had fallen for him the moment he stepped onto the silver screen, and his fame had been skyrocketing every since.

Soon enough the doors to the hotel closed behind him and the screams of the crowds outside were forgotten. Other celebrities were milling around the room, everyone chatting amongst themselves as they all waited for the arrival of the owner, the one who'd invited them all here, James Patrick March. Y/N had a problem, one that wasn't easily fixed. Of course, Y/N had heard of James before all of this, he'd seen photos too, and that where his problem had begun. With just one glimpse at the other man, Y/N had found himself infatuated with him, and for someone of his status, that was one of the worst things that could have happened.

A crowd had begun to form around Y/N, women from all around trying to impress him, but none of their words mattered to Y/N as the door opened, and in stepped the man that Y/N had spent countless nights fawning over.

Every ounce of James screamed confidence as he stepped out of the elevator, all eyes immediately turned to him, and James loved the feeling. James knew he held power over every person in this room, he could make anyone here drop to their knees at his very feet. If only these people knew just what he'd built this hotel for, they would surely all cower in fear. James looked across the room, eyes locking on Y/N. He knew his face, how could anyone not? Y/N was a rising star, anyone who'd read the paper in the last year knew who he was, he always seemed to be on the front page for something. Women were already turning their attention back to the young man when it became obvious James was making no attempt to go over and talk to them, and the thought of them loosing interest in him even for a moment made his brows furrow.

After catching James' gaze Y/N had to tear his eyes from the other man, forcing himself to look interested in the conversation that the crowd around him was having. Bragging about their wealth, what could anyone else expect, Y/N never saw the joy in parading around his money. Of course, the benefits that came with it were to be enjoyed, how could anyone not love the feeling of having everything they wore tailored to fit their form, or the luxury of being invited to prestigious events such as this? But, fancy clothing and invites to exclusive events meant nothing to Y/N at a moment like this, not when he could see James walking towards him at this very moment.

Y/N had never been a nervous person, acting for the camera had never made him anxious, nor speaking in front of a crowd or conversing with strangers like he was doing now, but seeing James stride over to him brought upon nerves that Y/N had never felt in his life, if he'd gripped the glass in his hand any tighter he would have shattered it. The chattering around him had ceased, and Y/N was left compulsively sipping at his champagne as he tried his best to keep his nerves to himself. All too soon he was pulled from his trance, nearly choking on the alcohol in his glass as James spoke up.