₀₀₅ 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

JAEDEN SAT up beside Waverley and gently shook her awake. He'd awoken to find Wyatt's 'death threats' on the group chat, and had been thinking of ways to get out of this mess for the past few minutes. 

"Pssst." He whispered, his eyes glancing nervously towards the door. "Waverly!!" He called quietly, trying to wake her up. She sat up slowly, her once-wavy hair now curly and frizzy.

"Wyatt?" She asked sleepily, turning to face Jaeden. Her cheeks suddenly flushed a bright red as she unscrambled herself from the blanket, muttering many 'sorrys'  to Jaeden.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you..." She looked down at her lap and Jaeden glanced towards the door again. "Although you really are comfy." She shot him a playful glare, as he reciprocated with a laugh. His face then softened up.

"Listen." He spoke firmly, "Wyatt came in here and saw us... 'snuggling' and his reaction wasn't pretty." He gulped slightly, putting air-quotation-marks around snuggling.

"Oh, what?" She said, "I didn't hear him come in. I'm usually a rather light sleeper." She began to fold the blanket that she was still bunched up in.

Jaeden playfully rolled his eyes, "No, he messaged the group chat." He held the phone up for her to read his first message.

"Ouch, I'd run if I were you." She laughed nervously before placing the blanket onto her couch and walking towards the door. "I'll talk to him for you."

She slipped out of the room while Jaeden slumped back onto the bed, resuming the movie that was still paused on her laptop.

——

"Wy..." Waverly whispered, her head leaning on his bedroom door. "Can we... talk?" She heard footsteps towards the door as it slowly pulled open, revealing Wyatt wrapped in his quilt.

"Sure." He smiled, laying back onto his bed as Waverly followed closely behind, curling herself up in his bedsheets.

"Well, what'd you need?" He asked, it came off slightly rude, although he didn't mean to do so.

"Well, I know that you totally want to kill Jaeden right now." She started, chuckling to herself, throwing a nervous glance his way. "But, don't forget that he's your best friend, and you trust him more than anyone."

Wyatt reluctantly nodded his head, and sat up to face his sister. "I'm not mad. I have no right to be." He sighed, "I guess... It's just that... you're my baby sister, Waverly. And I have always vowed to protect you. No matter what." He looked down at his hands, fiddling with his fingers.

"Then my best friends waltzes in and just, sweeps you off of your feet." He finished whilst sighing again, a little jokily this time. Waverly laughed slightly.

"He didn't sweep me off of my feet." She giggled again, "but I'd love to get to know Jaeden, and, well, maybe he's the first guy that you'd ever... consider... letting... me... date?" She asked hopefully, looking towards him. She didn't yet plan on dating him, but she finally wanted Wyatt to come to terms with her being a teenager now, and not needing her brother to babysit her forever.

"I have to say. You guys would make an awfully cute and unproblematic couple." He rolled his eyes playfully, as Waverly's phone buzzed and she looked down at it.

——

( One New Message )