₀₁₈ 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

JAEDEN SAT quietly in his room, staring sadly at his phone screen. He'd only been away from Waverly for a few days but he could already tell that the length that they'd be apart for would be a nightmare, and it was bad enough that Finn was all over her already.

He knew that his best friend had grown a 'celebrity crush' for her when she first appeared on Fuller House in early 2016, but after seeing her again in Star Wars, multiple times, the group of friends decided just to let it happen. 

Jaeden silently admired her –though he didn't ever feel the need to speak up about it, as he knew that it bothered Wyatt to share on the subject. But now, he was thousands of miles away and wishing that he was with her, sat in the chair beside her in whatever interview it was that she was busy with. 

——

"AND IF you could have any superpower, what would it be?" The man behind the camera asked, adjusting his glasses as he glanced towards Chosen, Jeremy, Hailey, Hermione and Waverly, who were arranged neatly in two rows of chairs. 

Jeremy immediately replied, "flight, obviously. I could just... go wherever I want!" 

Chosen snickered at the comment and shook his head, "telekinesis." He stated simply, "I could move stuff with my mind." He placed two fingers on either side of his head and squinted his eyes as though he were attempting to actually move something.

"Okay, Eleven who?" Hailey chuckled, "I'd have to go with the ability to talk to animals, though. I'm a sucker for Disney movies." She flipped her hair as the others nodded along. 

"Once she made us watch Cinderella three times in a row." Hermione butted in, her ginger hair swaying beside her as she spoke, "and I, of course, would choose shapeshifting. I could turn into anything I wanted! How cool would that be?" She held out her arms at an odd angle, "I could be a cat or something," she pretended to 'ninja-chop' something beside her, accidentally hitting Waverly as she did so. 

"Ow!" Waverly exclaimed, her head snapping towards Hermione as she rubbed her arm. "I would choose the ability to grant any wish I wanted. Whether it be mine, or someone else's." She smiled, "because then I could make everyone happy. But I suppose a lot of responsibility comes with that power..." Her sentence trailed off as the others nodded.

"And what about some gossip?" The interviewer smiled and the others exchanged worried looks, "any celebrity crushes?" They all sighed and laughed slightly. 

"Young Leonardo DiCaprio, young Zac Efron, Shawn Mendes. Oh! And Chosen Jacobs, of course!" Waverly laughed, the girls all whooped and Chosen patted his chest, nodding along. Jeremy chuckled and rolled his eyes. 

——

THE GROUP were walking into their final interview of the day, although, this time around it was for live TV. They were on 'Good Morning America,' and they were very excited as it was most of their first times. Waverly had been on the show previously after winning a golden buzzer on Americas Got Talent. 

They settled down, Waverly placed in the middle beside Chosen and Hermione, and Jeremy and Hailey sat behind them. "AND... WE'RE LIVE!" A voice echoed, the hosts all smiling as the camera zoomed through the studio and fixed onto the kids. 

"Good morning, America!" He said, the crowd clapping, "today I am joined by Chosen Jacobs, Waverly Oleff, Hermione Golden, Hailey Thomas and Jeremy Ray Taylor; The cast of The Show Must Go On," he said in practically one breath, looking up at the five children. 

"Waverly!" The woman beside him smiled, "it's been.. what? Four years since we last saw you here, and my gosh, you've grown!" She announced, the crowd laughing.

"Thanks!" She laughed, looking around, "It's all coming back to me, the memories and all!" She spread a grin across her face. 

"Now, we understand that this movie is a very big project for all of you. Is there anything you can tell us, obviously, without giving too much away?" He stretched out too much as if he were prying for them to give him spoilers. 

"Well, obviously we can't say much." Chosen rubbed his chin in thought, "I mean, ask us anything and we'll tell you what we can." 

The host nodded, laughing, "So, I understand that Waverly's character has super abilities. What was it like for all of you to have to act around this, you know, without it actually being there?" He asked, the others nodding at the question. 

"It was super hard at first." Hailey widened her eyes, "I mean, she'd stick her hand out, something would move, and we'd have to imagine that something out of this world had happened!" She laughed as Jeremy chuckled lowly. 

"I mean, obviously, Chosen and I have worked around special effects like this before in It, but this was something different. I don't think that Pennywise flew that much." The audience all laughed at his line.

Waverly smiled, "it was very hard. I mean, I had to be harnessed a LOT." She laughed, lengthening the last few words, "right from the first day, they had me hooked onto these tiny strings and I'd just dangle there in between shots because it took too long to take me off and on again."

Chosen jumped in, "we had to spoon-feed her because her arms were hurting, it was very tight." He leant back in his chair, the other four smiling at the fond memory. 

——

BY THE end of the day, Jaeden had watched all three of the kids' interviews, wanting to get every glimpse of his missing girlfriend that he could. But, he wasn't the only one that had watched every moment of it. 

Finn Wolfhard himself had sat down behind his computer screen, his head rested carefully in his arms as he watched the laughing girl contently, wishing he were lucky enough to have gotten to her before Jaeden.

Of course, he would never tell anybody that. But maybe he could find a way to get under their skin? Maybe he could play his cards right and have everything he wanted. 

It was all so easy. Just a fake account or two? Just a few trustworthy helping hands and the internet would be swarming with anything and everything that he could post to expose and split the couple apart. 

Nobody would ever know, right? Nobody would ever expect Finn Wolfhard, the face of the year, the name that appeared in every new movie to be the one undermining such a thing. 

Oh boy... here we go, Finn. 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.