CHAPTER IV

.

A/N: For some reason, both of these chapters were randomly removed 😩 so I had to rewrite them. Enjoy!

Sade's eyes fell open as the blurriness due to sleep faded and she saw the mess that Alena and Samir created. They both were in the hallway with a bottle of lotion spilled all around including in their hair and hands. When Alena noticed her older sister looking on from the bedroom, she quickly started to point the blame at him.

She inhaled before yelling out "Sarai!!!" not knowing for sure if her sister returned last night.

The bedroom door across the hallway pushed open. Out came Sarai in a tiny white tank top with a robe and thong. 

"What?!" she asked then looked down. "Y'all lil badasses I swear."

Sadé laughed at that before standing and following Sarai into the bathroom to clean a now crying Samir.

"Y'all were caught red-handed so ain't no sense of crying now when you weren't when you were doing it," she told them.

"Hungee!" Samir cried.

"What he saying?"

"That he's hungry..."

"Yo little fat self always thinking about food." Sarai giggled then took out her wallet to gather cash and her food stamps card handing them over to Sadé "go to the store for me real quick."

"Ight! Is this for a cab?" Sadé held up the small stack of money.

"Nah! That's for the water and cable bills."

Part of the reason Sadé never really tripped off her sister not paying her to babysit was that Sarai was funding the bills around the house.

"Why you ain't tell me you had kids." a mystery guy walked up with his arm too close for comfort behind Sadé as she moved away already knowing that he was one of Sarai's many niggas.

"Shit! You never asked." Sarai said right around the time Sadé took Alena back to her room and got them dressed for the day.

"My feet hurting," Alena complained after they had walked only a block away from home.

"Really, Alena!?" Sadé grumbled as she carried her and continued toward the store only to stop at the sound of a car horn. Looking over her shoulder, she saw a familiar ride pulling up.

"Where you headed?" Orion questioned from the driver's seat.

His eyes blazing, a new shade of green.

The word 'no' was present, but she didn't allow herself saying it as she got inside with her baby sister on her lap whose mouth dropped as she stared around wanting to tap all of the buttons that were there.

But Sadé held Alena's hands in place as he drove away.

"I'm going to the Walmart up the street," she explained.

"Aight." he nodded.

Once they got there, she wasn't expecting him to go inside. But that was exactly what he did. In the distance, Josefina stood on the corner outside of the Walmart with a group of her druggie friends.

"This bitch." She cursed underneath her alcoholic breath when she saw her daughter going inside.

She got a shopping cart and put Alena inside who pointed at all the things she wanted but couldn't afford it.

"Can I get that toy?" she begged.

"N—"

"Here..." Orion handed her the Barbie doll from the shelf anyway as Sade's mouth curled up knowing she didn't have enough money for that.

"I'm gonna name her Sade!" Alena giggled to herself.

They continued down the aisle. And Sadé thought of ways they could split before going to the register and him witnessing her using a food stamps card. In her mind, he would just judge that was what all the others she brought around had done. He'd be no different.

After gathering what she was sent for she made her way over to the cashier who blew out a large bubble with her gum and crossed her arms.

Her items were bagged and before she could even remove the card from her pocket Orion was already paying for everything which again surprised her.

She wanted to let him know she didn't need him to do that, but she also wasn't feeling all up to using food stamps in his or anyone from Lincoln High's presence.

So she went with it feeling guilty afterward. He probably wanted something in return for all this kindness he was showing—guys always did. She sat thinking about what he could possibly want with her.

She had nothing to offer someone like Orion.

He pulled up in front of her torn down home on the corner. And even offered to help her carry some bags while she was holding a sleeping Alena. Who crashed after playing with her new set of barbies.

Sadé felt the need to explain. "My house isn't a—"

"It's cool!" he already knew where she was going with this, and they just stared at one another after.

A shy smile appeared on her face while she carried Alena inside, having to beat on the front door numerous times to get them to answer. When Jolissa saw Orion walking over, she made sure to hike up the small shorts she wore and poke out her breasts as he moved by with grocery bags.

She put Alena on the couch then went back outside to get what was left of the groceries. She gathered what she could then came inside with Orion who watched her from behind. Both Jia and Jolissa stood there giggling instead of offering to help. 

"I think that's all," Sadé said as she brought the last bag in.

"Ight!" Orion saluted then went to his car. 

She shut the door as her younger sisters started making noises. Many 'ohs' and 'ahs' as they rummaged through the grocery bags for something to snack on. "Why you ain't tell us you had a boo!?" Jia grinned.

"Probably because he's not my boyfriend." She set them straight.

"Well, could've fooled me," Jolissa grumbled while Sadé was putting away the new food in the wooden cabinets that aligned the burgundy kitchen walls. "Why else would he be—"

That got her heated "I don't know why else." She snapped not even wanting to fathom the thought of him thinking she was some charity case that needed his help. 

Next time she promised to tell him no.

•

A/N: Let me know what you all as the readers think 🤔 should I keep or delete?? 4 chapters were updated please go leave some feedback, thanks for reading!!!