// Chapter Four : Your Smile //

Lance paces back and forth in his room, his hands pulling at his brown hair. Hunk is shouting and banging on his door, begging for Lance to come out and explain.

Yet Lance refuses to see him. To see anyone of them... not now at least. He doesn't think he can handle seeing their faces full of pity and disappointment. He doesn't need pity. He puts a smile on everyday for god's sake!

He's fine!

———

The team are all outside of Lance's door. Coran and Allura look at each other with confusion.

"Why won't Lance open his door? We just want to talk to him. Why won't he let us in? We want to help!" Coran asks with a hint of frustration.

"I think Lance would like to be alone for now," Shiro answers. Everyone nods.

"Well, if you wanted to see him so bad, I could override the castle door," Allura says with a shrug. Pidge throws herself on the the princess' shoulders, almost crushing the mice that are resting there.

"Could you please do that?! I want to see him so bad! I need to know if he is okay!" Pidge yells.

"Of course we can, number five," Coran says, typing some Alteans numbers in the key pad.

"But-" Shiro gets cut off when door slides open to reveal Lance with red eyes, pacing in his room, chanting the words "I'm fine. I'm fine." Like his life depended on it.

"Whoa, Lance buddy, calm down!" Hunk says, running up to his childhood friend.

Allura walks into his room and sees that it's a mess. His clothes and beauty products are scattered everywhere. There is a reeking smell of body oder and spoiled food.

Lance would never stand for this mess.

Everyone is talking to him, trying to calm him down, but gets interrupted by the castles alarm.

We burst into the control room to see what all the fuss was about. Allura's eyes widen. "Paladins, there's a planet under attack! You need to stop the Galra now!" I shout.

Allura turns to the blue Paladin and sadness rushes into her emotions. He's an emotional mess and she's sending him to battle.

"I'm sorry my Paladin."

———

The team are talking to the civilians of the planet they saved. Hunk's talking to a chef about certain foods. Shiro, Allura, and Coran are talking to the rulers of the planet, while Keith watches Pidge code some stuff into some of the alien technology they found on the planet.

Keith whips his head around when he hears a loud laugh. He turns to find Lance, talking to a father of a big family. He has a beautiful smile on his face.

Keith's face flushes when he realizes he's been staring too long at the Cuban boy.

The red Paladin turns away from Lance and tries to focus back on Pidge.

(A/N~ Words 521
Sorry the chapters have been really small as of recently. Please like and comment what you thought of this chapter! If you see any mistakes, please let me know! Anyway, thank you for reading and I'll update soon!)