//Chapter Five : Hard Sobs //

After the battle with the Galra, the team is talking to the people of the planet.

Lance is talking to a very nice alien father who is telling him how grateful he is that voltron came to help them.

Lance sighs as the alien continues on and on.

I really didn't do anything though... I almost made us lose the battle...

Tears start to build up in his eyes, but he blinks them away. He doesn't want anyone to see him cry again. He can't let my façade be dropped again.

Lance would occasionally nod and smile so the alien still knows that he is semi-listening. Their conversation gets interrupted by Allura.

"Paladins, it's time to go. Thank you everyone for letting us help you and inviting us to a celebration party. It was nice to meet you all, but we have to get going now. Goodbye!"

-el time skip back to the castle-

"Awww it's good to be home!" Pidge says, stretching out on the altean couch.

Lance blinks at Pidge's words.

Home? I guess this is home now... I never really had a happy home before... maybe this one will be different?

Everyone plops down on the couch and floor, exhaustion from the mission.

"Hwooo that was a tough mission we had today, makes me hungry," Hunk says, rubbing his stomach for emphasis.

"Yeah, same man. Hey, what do we got to eat?" Lance ask, attempting to create conversation.

"I think we still got that special purple food goo we got from the space mall a few weeks ago!" Hunk says excitedly.

The team all get up and go to the kitchen, well except for Lance...

He instead sneaks down a hallway to the observation deck. He looks up at all the universes and stars pass by.

It has always been my dream to go to space and travel the universe. I guess I have my friends, my hero, and rival with me. And I even made new friends as well. Yeah, and get thrown into battle that has been fought for over 10,000 years. Well, at least I'm protecting my home planet, even though they don't know there's a war happening.

His eyes start to burn with tears.

I am the most useless paladin on the team. At least I'm trying to keep everyone happy by telling jokes and stuff. Even if I'm alone, I'm happy if their happy.

The blue Paladin wipes his tears away when he hears footsteps echo through the halls. They get closer and closer until they stop.

"Lance, there you are. We were all wondering where you ran off to... are you ok?

I look up and see Keith.

Why did Keith come here to check on me? Doesn't he hate me or something?

Keith sits next to the Cuban on the bench.

"I'm fine, mullet," he states with tears threatening to spill.

"I know you're not. We never go to talk about what happened in your past-"

"I don't want to talk about it!" He says a little too harshly.

This isn't Keith's fault. I shouldn't be letting my pain out on him.

"Lance..." Keith says in a soft tone.

God, please don't say my name like that...

You see, Lance has a small (huge) crush on Keith for awhile now. He knows it's wrong and it's not helping when he says Lance's name like that.

"Lance, have you stopped?" The raven hair teen asks.

"What do you mean?" Lance questions, cocking his eyebrows up.

"I think you know exactly know what I mean," Keith then places a tender hand on Lance's hand in a comforting manner.

I do, but I don't want to tell you because you'll be disappointed in me. Disgusted. Pity me. I don't want that.

"Lance, tell me please. I need to know so I can help you," Keith's voice is soft - almost at a whisper, it's just barely loud enough for Lance to figure out what he's saying.

A sob wrenches out of the blue paladin's throat. "N-No, I haven't s-stopped," he sobs, throwing his hands up to cover his mouth.

Keith pulls Lance into his chest.

Another sob escapes the boys mouth. Keith start to coo sweet nothings in his ear, but Lance could hardly understand what he is saying because he is to engaged in trying to stop crying.

"Lance, do you think you can stop? No one here I'm the castle is going to hurt you like that. I won't let them," Keith says.

He don't reply, he just wipes his eyes and say, "Thanks Keith. Sorry I got your shirt all wet."
(A/N~ Shirt autocorrected to Shiro)

"It's fine. As long your ok, I'm not mad," Keith says with a smile.

Lance gives a small smile back. "Keith, can we stop being rivals and just be... I don't know... friends?" He asks sheepishly.

Keith's smile grows, "I'd love that."

(A/N~ Words: 834
Please like and comment what you thought of it!)