Re-Introduction

Like the start of most stories, we will proceed to introduce our main character.

Blue was an incredibly ordinary skeleton monster, all things considered. Perhaps he could be considered slightly more energetic than most other beings, but that changed little in his life other than the fact that he got bored painfully fast.

Usually, he had plenty to keep himself entertained, but that was before monsters came to the surface. Frankly, the surface wasn't nearly as appealing as Blue had thought it would be. In the underground, things were mind rottingly routine, but at least Blue had things that he could depend on. His brother, for example, was never around anymore. Underground, his brother was around every corner, but that had slowly worn off as they spent more time on the surface. His brother made his own life. He got his own job. Pursued his own interests. It was wonderful, and Blue was happy for him, but...

There was a period while on the surface when Stretch, Blue's brother, was arguably even more protective and clingy than when they were in the underground, but even Blue wouldn't blame him for that. It had been an extremely difficult time for the both of them, arguably traumatic, but, like everything else, it had passed, and they had moved on. Life goes on. The world keeps turning.

Despite the bore of most surface activities, even Blue would admit that the people and monsters that were on the surface were absolutely fascinating. As it would turn out, there are an innumerable amount of other versions of himself and his friends that exist on the surface. Their likeness is uncanny and, frankly, a bit frightening, but Blue couldn't say that the idea of alternate universes hadn't crossed his mind before. He'd simply never expected for those universes to be in much closer contact than he'd ever thought possible. As in: within the same universe. 

Frankly, Blue assumes that the clashing of the multiverse probably has something to do with some of his "alternate versions" that he had befriended. One of his friends, Ink, was quite peculiar. He was absolutely obsessed with the multiverse and the minutea of each and every universe within it. It was an admirable passion, but Ink was quite unconventional about it. It would seem that most of the people that he was "friends" with were only let within his inner circle because he was interested in them, not because he cared about them, a fact that is quite disturbing to Blue. More disturbingly, however, Blue has caught him guzzling paint on more than one occasion.

Another friend, Error, seemed to have quite the opposite ambition. He was absolutely obsessed with the complete eradication of all unnecessary alternate versions of himself. Freaky, obviously, but understandable. Blue was definitely upset when he was thrown into this new world where there are infinite versions of himself. He, however, seemed to take a more friendly approach than that of the other. Error, all in all, was a fairly nice monster, albeit extremely erratic. They'd met when, on a whim, Blue had attended a knitting class. Throughout their friendship, he had found himself deeply regretting saying some things. Error was quite terrifying when upset.

A new development, one that Blue is completely supportive of, is the growing feelings between the two opposites. Blue had always heard that opposites attract, but never had he thought that people on literal opposite ends of the spectrum could fall for each other. The more he thought about it, though, there's no such thing as opposites. Without contrast, there would be nothing at all. Every day needs its night.

Blue had also come to know a version of himself, who simply goes by Sans, who acts exactly like his brother. He was an absolute lazy asshole who incessantly made awful puns. He was also, however, loyal to the end and always there to cheer up a friend. Closed off, sure, but who isn't? Blue, admittedly, found himself quite drawn to this counterpart if for no other reason aside from the fact that he was reminded of his brother.