Bombshell

After Blue sent his note of approval to the other, he set his phone down and decided that it would be best to get ready for the day.

He stripped off his pajamas and replaced them with his usual outfit. Despite the fact that they were now on the surface and there was no need for a royal guard, the armor still made Blue feel special, and that's what really matters, right? Next, he carefully tied his scarf around his neck, a job that he had become rather adept at over the years. That said, Blue still messed it up more than his fair share of days, and today was definitely one of those days. Perhaps it was simply the way that Blue's hands were shaking that messed him up, or, perhaps, it was simply just a bad scarf day.

After a few desperate tries, Blue managed to get his scarf tied in a way so that it would at least stay around his neck. It wasn't the prettiest scarf he had ever tied, but it was the thought that counted. Besides, he couldn't see the scarf around his neck during the day, so it's not like he'd be the one suffering, anyways.

At this time was when Blue was reminded that he would potentially be meeting Dust today, and there was a brief moment where he considered ripping the scarf off of his neck and tying it until it was perfect or until his fingers bled. 

It passed.

Blue sighed, looking away from the dirty bathroom mirror and leaning onto the counter. It was good enough, he supposed.

Of course, after dress came a hearty breakfast! The biology behind whether or not magic skeletons actually require food is indefinite to say the least, but that certainly didn't stop Blue from being the best cook he could be. Tacos were his specialty, but generally not considered a breakfast food. To counteract this, Blue makes the taco of breakfast: an omelet!

With a practiced skill, he reached into various cabinets and pulled out a pan and any necessary seasonings. He then turned on the stove, flames roaring to life underneath the metal pieces. As the pan began to heat up, Blue made his way to the fridge and acquired the main ingredients: eggs, milk, and taco toppings! Before doing anything further with the food, Blue removed his gloves and washed his hands, flicking some of the excess water onto the pan. It sizzled, indicating that the pan was at a high enough temperature to begin cooking.

Through an extreme amount of determination, Blue was able to create an only slightly lopsided and gooey omelet. At least it was edible and the house was still standing. It was certainly a success in his book, all things considered.

He carefully cut into the protein rich breakfast and shoveled a bite into his mouth. It was an absolute masterpiece collage of flavors. The egg mixed perfectly with the flavors of tomato and lettuce, and the taco seasoning added an extra layer of flavor that made the entire dish just that much more appealing.

He'd had better.

Scrapping the leftover omelet into the garbage can under the counter, Blue cleaned up his cooking mess. Through force of habit, he left the kitchen how he found it. He put the pan back where it had came from and reorganized the utensil drawer. Well, he actually left it much cleaner than before, but small details are irrelevant.

Blue looked around at the spotless kitchen and frowned. With the kitchen clean, breakfast had, and himself dressed, he could think of nothing more to do to justify not checking his phone. Sighing, he reluctantly made his way back to his bedroom to see whether or not Dust had responded. Blue assumed that he would have. It had been nearly 45 minutes since Blue left the bedroom to get ready, and Dust was always prompt to respond to messages.

Begrudgingly, Blue settled himself onto his messy bed once more and turned on his phone. On the screen was a notification from the same number as before, and Blue felt his heart skip a beat. He unlocked his phone and quickly went to read the message.