8. "Oh, the indecent things I can't wait to do to that mouth."

Marina

Present

I don't know when it happened or how for that matter, considering I'm tied up like a roast pig, gag and all, but I somehow felt my eyelids growing heavy. I was thrown into a dream, one of the first I had in a long time that wasn't a total nightmare. I can't remember the details, but I remember the feeling. An emotion that has been unknown to me for quite some time.

Happiness.

I was happy. In this dream, I was content. I think it had something to do with the ocean. I remember the smell of salt. I've never smelled the ocean, but I assumed that what it would've smelled like. I think I was standing in the water, I vaguely recall the feel of the waves lapping at my ankles. It was relaxing. I think there was someone else there but I couldn't be sure.

There was a voice. It was calling to me. The words sounded foreign. I couldn't make them out. It was almost like I was underwater. Before I could put much thought or effort into trying to hear the words, the dream vanished and I was back to reality.

I feel him before I see him. Just like I felt his presence in my bedroom while I was Gio's prisoner, I feel him now. It's hard to explain. The air feels thinner, the room colder, the hair on the back of my neck stands on end. Then I see him. Sitting in a chair perpendicular to the bed I'm tied up on. He's leaning forward, his elbows resting on his knees and his head in his hands as he simply stares. I can see his broad shoulders rise and fall with every calm and controlled breath he takes. His dark eyes, reflected by the sun, pierce me through the light of the dawn. I must not have been asleep for very long.

I don't say anything and neither does he. Neither of us wanting to break the silence. He's changed so much since I last saw him. His jawline is sharper. His nose and cheekbones more pronounced. There's a darkness that has replaced the light in his eyes and I curse myself for being the one to put it there.

I'm sure yours look no different...

I shoo the voice away. It's obvious we've both changed. I haven't heard word of Julien since that day. I have no idea what he's been up to, but he's no longer an innocent kid. His body is broad and muscular and his forearms and thighs are strong. He has a presence, even though he's sitting down.

"Have you had your fill?" His voice interrupts my observation, deeper and laced with veiled malice. I would expect nothing less, Julien has always been calculated and well controlled. Even as a child he would always look at every option-every consequence- before making a move. But he was also passionate. I recall that passion getting him into trouble too many times for me to count.

He continues to stare at me, unblinking, and I roll my eyes, my answer muffled behind my gag.

He laughs. "Oh, I was wondering why you were so quiet. Now I remember, it's because I shoved a piece of that designer gown between those perfect teeth of yours."

I narrow my eyes in frustration and grin around the gag, showing off those perfect teeth. Little does he know that I was beaten if my teeth weren't the perfect trophy wife shade of white. I was beaten for pretty much any small infraction. He doesn't need to know that though.

He stands up from his chair and stalks over to me, bending over so he's directly in front of me. "Look at you," he coos in this soft, monstrous voice that I've never heard from him before, "so pretty with those pink lips stretched around the fabric while you're a drooling mess. Oh, the indecent things I can't wait to do to that mouth."

I shiver and a rush of liquid heat pools low in my belly. The feeling moves toward my core as it begins to throb and ache. I haven't felt this way in years. It's like all of a sudden by body is finely tuned to all things Julien Reid. If he puts his hands on me I think I'll surely explode. I can hear a keening whimper and I'm ashamed to realize it's coming from me.