ENGAGED

REQUESTED BY
MICKSCHUMI
 sorry i changed the promts a little

PROMPT
what are you talking about? i'm married.
maybe i'm meant to be alone

WORDCOUNT
571

YOU KNEW, it was a dangerous game, that you were playing

YOU KNEW, it was a dangerous game, that you were playing. And you knew, of course you did, that Andrew deserved better, but you couldn't help it. You had already been engaged by the time, you had met Valentino. Andrew had introduced the two of you, since Vale drove for the team, Andrew worked for. It had been earlier this year, that Andrew had asked you, if you wanted to join him for a race to see what his job was like, and you had said yes, not because you cared for motorcycles in any sort of way, but because you wanted to show interest in your relationship, that was already flaming out.

It had been at the race at COTA, where you had seen the mysterious man for the first time, and although you didn't care about MotoGP and bikes in general, you still knew who he was, and you were intrigued. While the three of you had been standing next to the bikes, and Andrew had rambled on about the bikes and whatnot, Valentino kept trying to get your attention. He had cut into the conversation, but while talking to Andrew, his eyes were fixed on you.

Before the next race came by, you had already asked your fiancé if you could join him for another race, and he had said yes. He had asked if you were starting to get interested in racing, and you had lied, said yes. It was better than confessing the real reason why you wanted to go to another race.

In Spain you had seen Valentino again, and that was when it happened. He had asked you out for drinks, while he knew Andrew would be busy working on the bikes, and of course you had nodded eagerly in response, causing him to blurt of a small giggle. In the evening while Andrew was busy, you headed out, Andrew thinking you had gone back to the hotel room. After one too many drinks you found yourself locking lips with Valentino Rossi himself, and had to push him away.

"No, no, bella. Don't push me away," he said with a hiccup. "You should join me later," he spoke while trying hard to wink, but the alcohol had affected him badly. "... in my bed."

"What are you talking about?" Your voice sounded hoarse from all the shots, you'd been downing, but you were far from as drunk as Valentino. "I'm about to get married, I can't join you in your bed."

Your words caused Valentino to look like a kicked puppy, and it hurt your heart. He almost looked like, he was on the verge of tears.

"I don't want to be alone," he said with a hurt voice.

"You don't have to be. I'm sure there's a million girls out there who would love to be with you."

"But they're not you!" He was shouting now.

"No...," you said with a quiet voice.

"Maybe I'm meant to be alone."

"Don't say that, Valentino. You're not alone, you have tons of friends supporting you all the time."

"And what do they mean, if they're not you? I only want you."

"I'm sorry, but Andrew is waiting for me." And with those words you left the bar.