Prologue - Into the Unknown

Reader will be Lucario for the whole story with exception of becoming Mega evolution from time to time. It ain't gonna be human.

Also, Lucario is usually just 3'11'' but in this one you're gonna be 5'.

( Reader P.o.V )

???

I moved my arm away from my eyes, no longer shielding them from the brightness. I looked around seeing an unfamiliar forest, not like the one that I live near.I looked around to check if there are any other Pokemon or anyone for that matter. I concentrated and used Aura but I just felt something dark and twisted crawling in the forest.

Soon I managed to ping something else. It felt like human but slightly diffrent as if they were able to use Aura as well... Then another three beings popped in much like the previous one. I stopped focusing and turned to where I felt the humans. I decided to close in on them and see what's going on, they might be trainers who will try to catch me but I'd at least like to know where I am...

As I was travelling throught the forest I heard many diffrent sounds. Most were growls but those were no Pokemon... They were twisted, unnatural and I dare to say, soulless. I got close enough to watch the four humans that I felt. All four of them are the female of their kind and contrasting each other quite obviously.

The black-furred one with stoic expression and she smells a lot like a cat would...

The stunning white girl whose gave off aura of nobility...

An energetic black furred with red tips was leading them with a smile and the aura of heroism...

The final girl was yellow furred girl whose long locks reached further than other females, her posture betrayed her as someone who fights in martial arts...

I belive that humans call the little fur they have hair... Those even in comparision to some of the trainers I've seen are pretty much contrasting each other... Also most trainers I've seen seem to be pups of their race but those seem almost completely grown up. I was debating walking out or simply observing for now until something unnatural howled...

I felt the twisted presence closing in on girls before a group of black creatures appeared. They looked a loot like a wolf-like Pokemon but they were far bigger with bone-like armor on them and glowing red eyes... I was expecting girls to run but instead they each grabbed onto a weapon. I must admire their courage.

The cat-smelling one had a pair of blades. White had a rapier while red one handled a scythe bigger than she is. Blond hada some sort of gauntlets on her...

Another roar pulled me away from my observations as a huge black Ursaring-like monster entered the same clearing. It also had a bone mask and prepared to clash against the girls who were busy fighting the other monsters. I knew that it's not time to be careful... I must save them.

( Ruby P.o.V )

Emerald Forest

We were busy fighting the Beowolves when we heard Ursa. I was about to turn and attack the bear Grimm when something strange happened. A bright blue orb of energy hit it right in the mask knocking the bear down. When it tried to get up something jumped on it and with another bright explosion Ursa was done for...

This time flash headed towards us but instead of being aimed at us it flew right into group of Beowolves scattering them around. It must be some awesome hunter using even more awesome weapon! Or semblance! I have to see it!

As the dust cleared we all stood in suprise at the sight before us. It was a bipedal canine-like creature. It has three spikes, one per forepaw and single large one on the chest. The red eyes of the creatures look over us but they aren't the same like Grimm have. It's are beautiful and lively, full of interest but also cold calculation. The fur on it's chest is creamy in color while the rest is bright blue where on the legs they resemble shorts...

Blake : That's... unique.

Weiss : It can be dangerous.

Yang : Then it wouldn't save us, would it?

Weiss : Maybe it just hates Grimm more than us and we're next?

Ruby : It's... It's... AWESOME!

Before the creature could even react I was already on it thanks to my semblance. I quickly grabbed onto it's head and pulled in my chest happily.

Ruby : Can we keep it?! Can we?!

??? : Lu! Lucario!

It was stunned before but now it pushed me away and stood up with it's head held high proudly. It was so cute! I reached out and pet it's head, especially behind the ears where Zwei usually likes. It's tail started to wag from side to side.

Ruby : Good... uhhh, boy?

He gave a confirming nod but quickly pulled my hand away from his head and took a step back before others joined us.

Yang : So, is Lucario your name?

Shake of the head. No.

Blake : Is it... what you are?

Nod.

Weiss : So, do you have a name?

Shake.

Ruby : Team RWBY we have to come up with a name for our newest teammate!

He looked at me before stepping away and shaking his head.

Ruby : But it's the first time we see something like you! If you don't know where you are we can help you...

He seem to think about it before nodding slowly.

Yang : So how about (Y/N)?

He nodded and both me and Yang cheered. Blake looked a bit sceptical about having him nearby... I mean he looks canine so it may be because she is a cat faunus. Weiss is full on out suspicious and he seem to easily notice both reaction. Keep rather close to either me or Yang when we were walking back.

But then an idea popped into my head... We need to find a way to communicate with him somehow! And by all the cookies I can put my hands on - I will find a way!

But for now let's bring him to Beacon and hope that Goodwitch won't have our heads for it...

Just a quick prologue. I'm checking reaction and seeing if it's something interesting for you...