Chapter 4 - Training at Dawn

( Reader P.o.V )

Beacon Academy

Arena

I've set up a small training for for Jeanne. It was a simple work out, far easier than the one I have. Yang did some of her own, while waiting for Jeanne to finish. It's good that I took her in, she has no stamina or even basic knowledge how to fight, be it her sword or hand-to-hand combat. Maybe paw-to-paw in my case...

Once she was done, Jeanne was breathing heavily and sprawled on the floor. I had Yang to help me with setting her up back to stand on her own legs.

Jeanne : T-Too... much...

Yang : Come one, that was easy! You're just weak...

For those training session to go smoother I've also connected Yang but it was far more exhausting than I thought. I should take a small break... Perhaps I should learn human language?

(Y/N) : As you'll train more your body will get stronger and it will become easier. You will not survive a fight if you do not have any stamina. Do you understand, pup?

Jeanne : Yes...

(Y/N) : Steady your breath. Breath throught nose and release with mouth. Taking such greedy breaths will only hurt your lungs more.

She tried what I told her and after a minute or two her breath has become steadier. She still was covered in sweat and her expression alone could tell a story of unimaginable torment. I step to Jeanne and grab her wrist. I pulled her to the center of the arena.

(Y/N) : You have a very strong Aura. Try to concentrate and take from it. Think of it like... Hmm, a river you take water from. Try to get a bit of it only with your hand for now.

Jeanne : Uhh?

(Y/N) : Concentrate and do what I told you or you'll have to repeat what we just did before.

Jeanne : O-On it!

(Y/N) : Would you like to try too, Yang? You also have quite a bit of Aura.

Yang : Why not? Some more punching power doesn't hurt!

I myself stood next to the two and tried to sense if they've managed to do anything with their Aura at all. I've noticed that humans here, or at least in the Academy, have Aura but the most they do with it is using it like a shield around their bodies and to heal. If I could teach someone like Jeanne how to fight and use her Aura for more than just protection then I can safely say I can open my own school...

Yang has managed to gather quite a bit of Aura and I've raised her arm to her midsection. I gently opened her hand to not disturb her concentration and noticed that a small Aura Sphere formed there when I manipulated her Aura with a bit of my own. That means that she has a high potential to actually master my way of fighting.

I turned to Jeanne and did the same, however, what I saw was a revelation. Her Aura Sphere was about the same size as Yang despite being weaker than her and not having almost any experience with her Aura, as I found out it was unlocked not too long ago...

I pat Jeanne's pockets and pulled out a 'scroll' before standing in front of the two and taking a 'picture', much like Ruby has taught me when I asked about her strange device.

(Y/N) : All right, you can stop.

The moment they let go of their concentration the Aura Spheres that I've helped them create dissipated with a bright glow. I smiled and pulled out the scroll in my paw to show them the effects of their Aura control.

Yang : Wow, we did that?

Jeanne : I did it! ...and I didn't explode.

(Y/N) : I helped the two of you at turning Aura into actual battle move. This is very powerful and you shouldn't expect to do it on your own for quite a while. In Aura control regards you're just like a pair of little Riolu.

Jeanne : Umm, what's a Riolu?

(Y/N) : A pup of my race.

Jeanne : Oh...

(Y/N) : We should go for now. You must prepare for your classes and eat something. 

Yang : We must do it at the evening too! I'll grab the rest of the team, maybe they can do something too?!

Jeanne : I-In evening too...?

Yang : That or you'll be too weak to do anything.

(Y/N) : Yang is right, I will think of when to do it. You still need time to study.

Yang waved and ran off to her room. As I was about to get out of the arena too I was stopped by Jeanne grabbing my paw. I turned to see her looking down and I sensed the embarrassment and a bit of sadness in her emotions.

Jeanne : I'm sorry for making you train me...

(Y/N) : Any of your friends would help you if you'd just ask, pup.

Jeanne : Lost in a diffrent world and you still have to help someone like me.

(Y/N) : Don't worry, when Riolu start at the begging they're barely any better than you and they have natural affinity for using Aura. With some training you'll be able to defeat that bully of yours with one hand.

Jeanne : You mean Cardin?

(Y/N) : Yes, I will teach some moves as we'll be training. Who knows, maybe you'll even make your own?

Jeanne : Thank you! I have no idea how to repay you but I'll think of something!

And there she goes. She ran off but her emotions were clearly diffrent, far more happiness and gratefulness but still sprinkled with embarrassment. I simply sigh and head back towards the RWBY dorm. Maybe Ruby will give me a nice scratch for a job well done... Hmm, I certainly wouldn't mind that.

A short one for now but I'll try making another one soon.