4. Crown.

Taehyung pov

Taehyung pov

Today is the big day.

I stand in front of the mirror, my face cold and expressionless. I felt pretty empty. Not only 24 hours ago, I lost the most important person in my life, then getting spit in the face and now I'm becoming king...it was all too much for one person to handle.

My mother is with me. Somehow, she is all smiles but her eyes shine a bit of sadness while she adjusts my dress robe onto my shoulders. Her eyes glow, gazing over me with awe. Her lips form a tiny smile out of the corner of her mouth, her eyes round, glossed with tears as she takes a step back to look at me. "My son...I can't believe the day has come that you take the throne..."

"It wasn't on the agenda, but I guess that's life, right?" I snarled sarcastically under my breath. "I just want to get this over with. I have things I need to do."

"That isn't the attitude I want you to go in there with," my mother rubs my back while I stare at her reflection in the mirror. "I know these last hours have been tough. I can't wrap my mind around what happened, and now that my son is now take the throne..." She sighs. "This is your responsibility as the eldest son, I don't make the rules. I know this adds a new level of stress onto your shoulders. I've been meaning to talk to you about this for awhile...but after today, I do think it's time that you look for the one..."

The one? You have got to be kidding me. "I don't even want to think about dating...let alone marriage." I hiss, my eyes narrowing in disgust. This marriage talk is about to give me a headache. I was already having anxiety because I'm being crowned king today. And now, I have to somehow find some girl that I want to spend the rest of my life with? Please. Give me a break. "Commitment isn't any fun. I don't want to fall in love with someone, it sounds like more work then running an entire kingdom. Let me just process this event and then maybe I'll think about it. Besides, I'm King now. I need to think about it my people first." I grumble. I was being completely sarcastic too.

"Taehyung, my love," My mother places a warm palm onto my chubby cheeks, our eyes gazing into each other's. "Don't be so stubborn with me, please. There is a lot about running a kingdom you know nothing about which I am here to help as always. There are decisions that need to be made, positions that need to be filled and we can't have any gaps. Your father's throne has been empty for far too many hours and you have to fill his spot perfectly. I have faith in you, son. I know this is a huge step, a step that you had no choice in taking, but you have to remember: a king is nothing without his queen."

"I said maybe. Maybe isn't no, alright?" I sort of snap. I didn't mean to have such an attitude, but my emotions are so all over the place. And to have this sudden responsibility place on my shoulders, it was a dreadful and heavy feeling.