8. Strawberries (M)

Chaeyoung's POV

I'm where he wants me, I guess.

It was stupid of me to even try and run. To think I was smart enough to leave while I am wanted for a crime that I did not commit. I don't even know what I could have done for this man to want me to stay...let alone locked in his room with him.

It is already bad that I am locked away from home, but to be locked away with such an undertaker like him, I could only fear what the future days will be like.

The king hasn't earned my trust, and he sure as hell will never get mine. And if he is to think I will bend over backwards and listen to him like I'm some sort of dog, he has another thing coming.

I gaze around the room, taking in the scenery. If this is my home away from home, might as well try and get as comfortable as I could, right?

While my curious eyes take a tour around his layer, I begin to get some sort of understanding about why the king is the way he is

While my curious eyes take a tour around his layer, I begin to get some sort of understanding about why the king is the way he is. And I think this room is enough to be apart of it, the sense of darkness that lingers in the air is enough to consume you.

The room that the king sleeps in himself had the walls polished with a beautiful blood red velvet shade creating an intense warmness of the room. From the ceiling, the shiniest chandeliers, decorated in expensive sparkling diamonds that hung would be beautiful but with a couple bulbs that have died out. I don't know if it was on purpose, but it created an eerie feeling of darkness.

The sun is hidden by heavy black drapes that keep any sort of rays of light out of his sight, causing the vase of flowers to also weep.  Something that was so beautiful, is not dried and pedals land on the floor, a couple of them stomped to pieces.

The majesty slept in a golden framed king sized bed with the finest of velvet blankets, it looked warm but apparently not enough to keep his heart from being cold.

Is that where I would be sleeping?

But hopefully not next to him. I couldn't bare to think what could happen in there. I shake my head in disgust and my eyes open back up.

My irrational thoughts begin to slowly disappear as my eyes take a slow gaze across the bare walls. There's nothing but dust marks from obvious remains of what probably had rich paintings in those places. But to my surprise, lays one on the wall still.