Home sweet home

"I'm Alfred F. Jones or America! You can call me Al or much better, Alfie!" 'I'd pretty much prefer the old nickname that Mattie always calls me with.'

"M-Matthew..." Was the shy reply of the Canadian.

"Ok! Imma just call you Mattie most of the time!" Alfred smiled heroically.

"Ok. So uh... I know you seem to know a lot about us and that you also look like you have a lot of questions for me too, eh? But please relax for a while, I really am tired from all of...that. And I am sure that you are also exhausted, eh?"

Alfred shrugged, "Nah. I'm not that tired, It's already pretty common especially in the usual conference meetings."

Matthew raised a brow, "Meetings? You don't look any older than 19 to have...meetings."

Alfred coughed loudly as Matthew immediately brought him a glass of water and Alfred drank it without hesitating. "U-Uh... yeah! You know the usual cons and pros. We have meetings, and don't judge my age, dude." Then he mumbled, "I'm over 200 for Great Roman's sake." Alfred pouted.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Nothing! Anyway, that's what meetings usually leads to...but at least we got to have some sort of agreement in the end." 'More like chaos', He thought ironically.

Matthew smiled, "Well, we also have meetings if you're curious. But unlike yours, we just end up in complete mayhem and all that."

Alfred chuckled, 'The usual thing then.'

Matthew stood up, "Anyway, you can do whatever you want around here but please do not make a mess, eh?"

Alfred stood up, giving Matthew a thumbs up and a huge goofy smile, "Yup! Sure dude, you can count on me 'coz I'M THE HERO AHAHAH!!!" Matthew winced and covered his ears. "Oh um- sorry dude." Alfred said sheepishly.

"Ah no problem. I just- you are louder than Eng-Arthur's ranting you know?"

Alfred laughed again, but less louder than before. "You bet! England ain't no rival to me. Well, Russia is more likely to be my rival...but whatever!"

Matthew just nodded stiffly, still not used to being called with his nation names by a human other than his prime minister and the ones he knew was an ally  human that wouldn't betray them. "Y-Yeah, anyway I really am tired so bye for now. I'm sorry." He said quickly, before going upstairs towards his room.

"Uh...ok." Well, that was awkward. Alfred flopped back down to the couch, crossing his arms and thinking where did everything went downhill.

'It was the usual world meeting yah? And then England and France started fighting each other, uh-huh. Then Russia suddenly went mad and came running towards me when Belarus told him to marry her, Belarus only stopped to wave as Ivan hid behind me. Everything else was chaos. Then England brought his wand straight to France's face, and that's when everyone went silent for a while. And then.....and then...? What was next?'

Alfred's eyes widened. That is not good. He should remember something.

Something.

"..."

Anything!

"..."

There was a gap between the world meeting and when he was suddenly out, asking Matthew where England was. Alfred gripped the sofa, not even noticing he was doing this as it was slowly ripping apart.

Alfred never had a memory gap before. He was a fruking country, he has a damn good memory of his past whether he liked it or not, h-he shouldn't have something like a sudden damn gap!