The Piece (Edited)

"Let's go somewhere with the other nations!"

Both Ivan and Matthew stared at Alfred.

Alfred pouted, "What? What's wrong with hanging out with the others?" Both of them looked at each other before looking back at Alfred.

For a moment, Matthew just stared at him as he shifted about in worry, "Well I can at least agree with most of them but some of them are...quite hostile towards you for some reason." Matthew frowned, "And I don't want you to get hurt because of them, Al. You're the first outsider to ever live with one of us freely while fully knowing who we are. And I can't blame them for being cautios around you, they might still think that you're a spy. No offence, eh..." Matthew trailed off with a sheepish smile, "I-I'm just worried of what might happen if..."

Alfred cut him off with a wave of his hand, "Oh c'mon dude. I can totally take care of myself. I mean, I can even take on Ivan one on one!" He flashed a smug smile at Ivan who smirked playfully.

"You wish, Fredka. It was only because of your luck and my lack of knowledge towards your capability of resisting my magic metal pipe of pain that you managed to survive." He smiled.

"Nah commie. It's coz of my heroic strength duh!"

"We have to go for the meeting today and see if we have any good news for you when we get back, so..." Matthew faced the American, "You can stay here for a while and don't go anywhere else, eh. If I find out that you went somewhere else without my knowledge again..."

"I promise I won't get lost in my own awesome world, got it." Alfred smiled widely bidding them both a good luck.

ꕥ-✿-ꕥ

Germany turned his eyes upward as his frown deepened. He doesn't, well, neither does his fellow nations understand this 'America' spy- if he was even a spy in the first place...

"Mmmm..." He murmured, lost in his thoughts.

Canada sighed and with determined eyes, he slammed his hands softly on the meeting table, "B-But I can tell that he doesn't mean any harm, eh!" Everyone looked at Canada in surprise, Canada yelped at all the eyes watching him as his confidence withered. "U-Uh, I-I know that he seems a bit suspiscious...B-But! He is really a kind person!"

France sighed heavily, of course that's what the Canadian would say, "But mon petite, even if he is a little bit kind to you, doesn't mean that he will do the same to us. Who knows, maybe he is wearing a mask with a heavy secret within, no?"

"B-But-"

"I never thought the day that I would have to agree with this frog will come but..." England paused, peeking a brief glance to the poor blonde, the Brit felt guilty just disagreeing him. "He...is right, lad." England felt the guilt grow when those purple orbs look at him with such pitiful eyes.

England knew since the day they had encountered Alfred that he is suspiscious. The way he talks so familiar with them was suspiscious. The way he just straight up smiles and laughs is suspiscious. The way he looks at them with longing eyes were suspiscious. The way all the nations somehow felt like they knew him was...

"Suspiscious..." England heard Germany murmur, "He is suspiscious yet he's not..." It's like we knew him for so long was left unsaid but they knew what he meant.

"S-See? There is something about him that makes us draw near to him. T-There's this weird connection that makes us feel like we just solved a missing piece in our lives! Like!-" Canada paused, "....a missing piece..." Canada mumbled, then his head faced them in sudden realization. "Isn't this what we were looking for!?"