Getting Detention

*Ricky's p.o.v* I don't understand why we even have this class. When will we even need this stuff? I mean, unless you're going to be a historian, you're not gonna need to know this stuff. History is my second least favorite class, behind p.e. A note landed on my desk. I looked up and reached for it, but Josh grabbed it before I could. I looked over at him and he shook his head and motioned a few seats ahead of me. I nodded my head and he put the note in his pocket. I put my head down on my desk and closed my eyes. After what felt like an eternity later, the bell rung. After everyone left, I got up and walked towards the door. Me and Josh walked to our lockers, which were right next to each other. When we got there, Ryan and Chris were waiting. I swapped my books and Josh put his away. While Chris, Ryan, and Josh had P.E, I had Math. Math and History are they most boring classes ever. I hate Math, but strangly yet, it's my second best class. I don't know how, considering I never pay attention, but it is. Luckily, I sat in the very back, so I was normally able to read. Today though, we apparently had a substitute. I was lost in my book so I didn't hear the teacher call on me. It was when she took my book away did I notice, of course. "While I appreciate the fact that you like to read, apparently, I don't approve of it while I'm trying to teach. What's your name?" She asked. I just shrunk into my seat and stared at her. "Well? Are you not going to answer me?" She asked. "His name's Ricky. He doesn't speak." A girl from the front said. I think her name's Lia. The teacher walked to her desk, wrote down something, then walked back. She then handed me a detention slip and walked back to the front of the class and started teaching. I put my head down until the bell rang I gathered my stuff and walked to my locker. The guys were already there waiting. "How was Math?" Josh asked. I just held up my detention slip. "What happened? Let me guess, listening to music?" Josh asked. I shook my head no. "Reading?" Ryan asked. I nodded my head. "I told you nothing good comes from reading." Josh said with a laugh. I just rolled my eyes. Luckily, we all had lunch next, then I had free period.