14

My eyes shifted to the clock above my mirror, before my eyes returned to the latter. It was three minutes before seven - three minutes before Harry was due to pick me up.

I ran the wand coated in clear gloss over the surface of my bottom lip for a final time, pressing the pair together before slotting the tube closed and tightening the lid shut. I straightened up, my fingers brushing over the hem of my dress, before they reached instinctively to curl around the delicate silver pendant that Harry had gifted me pressed against my chest.

"Look at you," a warm murmur sounded from my doorway, and I felt my eyes lit up before I'd even seen him. My heart instantly swelled as I turned around to face the individual a few feet away from me, a soft smile tugging on his dimpled cheeks as I took my opportunity to take him in. The effortless waves of his hair sat upon his head without a strand misplaced, his tanned skin basically glowing; his torso covered by a pale blue button up, the sleeves rolled and the fabric toying with sheer, his legs clad in tight black jeans, a large tear across his right knee. He looked so easily beautiful, my breath hitching in my throat at the mere sight of him.

"Not gonna say hello?" he cocked an eyebrow at me with a grin on his lips, lifting a handheld bouquet of white roses clasped between his fingers. I tilted my head slightly, my lips almost pouting at the gesture.

I practically charged towards him, greeted by a chuckle from his lips as I threw my arms around his neck with a wide grin of my own. "Hello," I breathed, feeling his arms envelope me.

"Hello, gorgeous." He nestled into my hair, pressing a kiss against my head, his fingertips grazing over the small of my back as our hug broke. I tilted my head upwards to face him, a beautifully wicked smile upon his lips.

"You look incredible." I couldn't help myself from blurting it out - he truly did, the sparkling gaze of his eyes only the icing upon the cake. My hand rested upon the side of his face, his skin heated, smooth against my hand, before my fingertips dared to draw a feathery line along his jaw. His eyes seemed to soften at my movement, as if he were a child whom had finally been rewarded with the toy he'd been yearning and begging for, for months and months upon end.

"And you, baby," he leant into my palm slightly, before turning his neck to press a soft kiss against it. His hand then curled around the wrist attached to the hand upon his cheek, gently pulling me towards him to connect our lips. I'd yet to even accept the flowers in his grip, too captivated by his very presence to mind anything other than.

My mouth moved slowly against his, my hands finding his hair and weaving into the strands, my eyes fluttering shut as he pulled me under, further and deeper into his grip. His chin tilted a little further this time, almost daring to offer more purpose as our kiss deepened, and I felt the shifting of his hands upon my body; searing heat that I could feel even through the barrier of my dress. I felt myself leaning further into him, almost as if my body was acting on pure instinct, before the sound of my creaking staircase divided us quickly. My breath didn't even have a chance to even, and I barely had a chance to wipe the pad of my thumb along his lip to remove any makeup that had transferred from my mouth to his. I caught his lips twisting into a small smirk my parents surfaced in my doorway, hopeful smiles upon both of their faces.

"Blair, love, when are you leaving?" My mum asked, my dad appearing behind her shoulder with a camera in his hand.

"Soon, I reckon," I glanced at the clock, and then back at Harry. "When does the horse and carriage arrive?"

"Not a minute after half past," he humoured back, sending me a discreet wink as I couldn't help but grin at him.

"Then that doesn't leave us long to get photographs," my mum urged, "can we please get some of the two of you before you go? Blair, your father was just saying how we never take any photographs, and this camera was not cheap-" she paused, awaiting a response.