Chapter 38- Alone

Magnus held onto Alec as his tears finally disappeared, unsure about what to do now. His mind was on funeral plans and telling his mutual friends what he had too about Camille's death. She had no one else. His thoughts then turned to his father and he realised that he actually had no one either. No family at least. Magnus didn't know any of his father's friends or if he even had any at all.

Sighing, Magnus pulled away and slumped back onto the couch, rubbing his face and sniffing as he tried to pull himself together. Alec sat there quietly, the entire time, and Magnus wondered if he just didn't know what to say or do.

"Are you okay, Alec?" Magnus asked, not be able to stand the silence any longer.

"Hm... oh, yeah... yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking..." Alec said, smiling slightly at him.

"About what?" Magnus looked around at Alec and watched as Alec copied his movements, laying back against the couch.

"Honestly? You... them... I didn't like him or her but no one deserves to die like that." Alec shrugged, making Magnus smile slightly but then frown a little.

"I love you. You are so amazing and kind. I genuinely thought you would have been over the moon to have them dead, but here you are. My compassionate and loving boyfriend." Magnus smiled as he leaned into Alec's body.

"I love you too. Even though that's a little insulting that you thought I'd be glad someone was dead." Alec chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Magnus tightly.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that... I meant that they are now out of our lives now, not that they died." Magnus sighed and looked up at him.

"It's okay, baby. I'm glad they are out of your life... but I wish it was under different circumstances, to be honest," Alec said as he stroked a hand down Magnus' arm.

"Me too. I'm just trying to think who would do such a thing. The only people that come to mind are those bastards that kidnapped me... but why Camille too?" Magnus sighed.

"If it was them, I don't think they intended for Camille's death. I don't know but it may have been more of an unfortunate accident in her case than planned." Alec shrugged slightly. "Do you want to plan two separate funerals or just the one and have them buried near or together?" Alec asked, feeling strange about asking a question like that.

"As weird as it is, I think they should be buried together and at the same time. I mean, I've known Camille for about ten years. Since we were fourteen. She grew up around mine as she had no one else except a foster family that didn't care about her. When she was eighteen, she moved into my apartment with me until she got her own place. We started dating two years later," Magnus explained. "Despite everything she put me through, what they both put me through, I still loved them. I thought at one point I was in love with her but then it just became more tedious to spend time with her and then when I found you, I knew it wasn't real love that I felt then. Maybe more of a love you have for a sister... I don't really know."

"Or a best friend? Since you know... most people don't have the desire to sleep with their sisters?" Alec smiled, trying to make the situation lighter. He was glad when Magnus chuckled.

"I don't think it was a desire... it was more like a chore or something that was expected? If that makes any sense. Then it became more like stress relief." Magnus sighed. "Sorry. I doubt you want to hear about mine and Camille's sex life"

"It's fine. We all have a past." Alec smiled. "You know you can talk to me about anything? I mean it. Anything at all."

"Thank you," Magnus replied, smiling back at him and leaning up to give him a soft kiss. "I don't know what I would do without you"

"Well, guess what? I don't know what I would do without you either, Magnus Bane." Alec admitted, kissing him softly.

It was then that the door opened and everyone piled in, all laughing and joking, completely oblivious to the news that Magnus had just received. Magnus didn't feel like getting into it. He didn't want to say the words out loud. To have to tell the other people around them that his father and ex had been murdered. Sighing, he stood up and turned to Alec as he sat forward, kissing his cheek.

"I can't tell them... I can't bring myself to do it... could you?" Magnus asked quietly. Alec nodded in response and standing up kissing his cheek.

"Go and get some rest, baby. I'll come and check on you after I've told them." Alec smiled sadly, Magnus smiling back and heading off to the bedroom in silence as Izzy frowned in confusion.

"Is he okay?" Izzy asked. Magnus sighed as he closed the door.

Magnus listened as Alec told them about the accident, hearing him stop Izzy and Jace from coming in to see him because he wanted some space. Magnus was so grateful to them all but especially Alec at that moment because he didn't think he would have been able to handle the sympathetic looks and sad words, and that was if they gave any at all, considering he knew how they all felt about Asmodeus and Camille. Unfortunately, despite what they had done, he had still lost his father, his only living relative, and the girl he grew up with.

Magnus slowly made his way into bed and curled up as tears fell down his cheeks. He knew he had Alec and all these amazing new friends but he couldn't help feeling incredibly alone at that moment. That he was now left alone in this world with no family.

He looked up when his door opened and Alec came in, smiling sadly, as he climbed in next to Magnus and pulled him into his embrace. Magnus happily moved to him as he cuddled in and broke down into tears, Alec stroking over his back soothingly.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here." Alec cooed out as he held him.

"I... I don't mean this in a bad way," Magnus sighed and looked up at Alec "but I feel so alone right now."

Alec pulled away and cupped his face, pulling Magnus in for a long and loving kiss. Magnus reciprocating it as he held Alec tightly, his tears mixing into their kiss and making him feel bad for his words, now knowing that at least he had Alec.

"Baby, I love you. You will never be alone all the while I have air in my lungs, my heart that beats and a mind that is completely smitten with you," Alec said as he stroked Magnus's cheek.

"Oh, Alexander," Magnus wept. "I'm sorry. I love you too. I know I'm not alone. I don't know why I ever felt like I was."

"You never have to apologise. I'll just have to show you more now than ever that I am here for you." Alec smiled and pulled him in for a kiss before they cuddled back in together again.

Magnus snuggled into his touch as he thought about Alec and how much he loved him, not knowing where he would be today if it wasn't for him and the others. Magnus felt bad that he hadn't seen the others yet but he also knew that they wouldn't judge him or have any bad feelings towards him for it. Alec smiled and looked down slightly when he felt Magnus's breathing steady and saw he had finally fallen asleep. Alec kissed the top of Magnus' head lightly and held him while he slept.