Chapter Four

This is a long update, I am shocked myself. I hope I can keep this up. 😁😁

Saturday

It was Saturday morning and I was the last one to put my plate in the sink after we ate our breakfast. Cassie was there washing the dishes. I kissed her forehead before making my way up to my room to start getting ready for my weekend job.

I am an organized person and fortunately, or unfortunately if my siblings were asked, my love for organization was reflected in our house.

Each of us have weekly tasks, which we rotate every week. And since Cassie turned 10, we included her in the chores which nakes the chores lighter. This week, I cook, Seb vacuums and arranges things, Cassie washes the dishes, Sam walks and bathes Bullet, and George does the laundry.

We our own undergarments, except for Theo of course. Honestly, I never minded washing my siblings’s underwears. I practically raised them myself.

But the thought seems shuddering for them, so that’s where I drew the line. Like how I don’t want them doing the grocery shopping because they always, and I mean always, forget a thing or two in the list. It unfortunately pisses me off, so I always do it myself. I love grocery shopping anyway.

I was about to go inside the bathroom when Sam yelled she was going to walk Bullet in the park. I yelled my affirmation and went to take a shower.

Bullet is our golden retriever. He was actually our comfort dog, more so for Cassie. Cassie was only 6 during the accident and she became so quiet, we were all worried for her.

That is until Bullet came into the picture. He seemed to have helped Cassie more than us. Because of Bullet, we were also introduced to the Ecobrix project.

Ecobrix are plastic bottles filled with appropriate weight of shredded plastic wrappers. Ecobrix substitutes for hollow blocks. We all volunteered in
the shelter where we got Bullet. We helped build numerous dog houses and play pens for stray and abandoned dogs.

It served as our therapy in a way. There is always comfort when you are surrounded with cute fluffy creatures.

I wrapped my hair in a towel and applied minimal make up, like I always do. Then, I change into my uniform. It’s an olive green sleeveless vest, over a white shirt tucked in a brown pants. I slung my bag over my shoulder while clipping my ID badge in the right side of my vest.

“Cassie, hurry up. I don’t want to be late.” I shouted while walking out of my room. I saw a glimpse of Seb leaning against Theo’s doorframe.

He was most probably making sure that Theo was taking his bath and changing into his clothes properly. Theo insists he can do it by himself, and we allow him to. But we still keep an eye on him just to make sure.

I was about to yell for Cassie again when I saw her lounging in the living room waiting for me.

“You could have answered, you know.” I told her while getting my car keys in our right hand key holder beside the front door.

It’s a silver 1970 Volkswagen Beetle. It was a gift from Aunt May and Uncle Terry, our parent’s bestfriends and our godparents. They gave it to me since I was so adamant in restoring dad’s old beetle car, which by the way have no chance at all.