𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐋𝐞𝐨

Requested by @grethandolan63

Title: Brainworm part 1

TW: Mentions of death

"I can hear you, (y/n)." Raph said in a monotone as his girlfriend stood up from where she was hiding behind the couch and groaned. She threw her face into the couch and folded her arms over her head as the red turtle glanced back and gave her a small smile.

"You almost had me though." he continued, and she jumped up and thew herself over the couch, into his arms. She squealed happily as he easily caught her and they rubbed noses.

"Really? I've been practicing with Leo and he says I've been getting better too! Right, Leo?" she turned to where the other turtle was sitting on the floor watching Space Heroes. Said turtle turned around and glanced at the girl sitting in his brother's lap.

"Yeah. She's getting good." he muttered, turning back around and heightening the volume on the t.v. (Y/n) and Raph glanced at each other but didn't say anything, Raph wasn't looking for a fight today.

"Hey, it's getting late. Why don't I walk you home?" Raph asked, standing up and holding out his hand for his girl to take. Instead, she motioned for him to turn around and when he did, she jumped on his back and he walked out of the lair giving her a piggyback.

Leo listened as their laughter disappeared down the sewer tunnel and finally he sighed and turned of the t.v. He made his way to his room and shut the door, laying on his bed. Why? Why did it have to be Raphael?

++++++++++

"Hey, guys! Guess what!" (y/n) exclaimed excitedly as her and Raphael stood side-by-side.

"What's up?" Leo asked, closing his comic book to look at them, or more importantly, her. Yes, the eldest turtle had a crush on the girl, but as did his hothead brother.

"Raph and I are finally together!" she cheered as Raph smiled at her and pulled her to his chest and the same exact moment Leo stopped breathing.

Raph knew about his crush and he still asked her out. Why? Why would Raph betray him like this? Raph has Mona, he'd always have Mona. But Leo, he had nobody.

Ever since he had found out that Karai was his sister, he'd been trying to find someone else. And then he met (y/n), and all his thoughts of Karai went away.

But now, that was gone. (Y/n) was gone. And he was sure that nothing had ever hurt him this much before.

++++++++++

"Okay, and text me when you get home." (y/n) begged as she grasped onto the turtle's arm. He gently detached it and gave her a forehead kiss, stepping back through the window. He slid it closed and squatted down to look at her.

"I'll call you." he mouthed through the glass, making a phone with his hand and holding it to his ear. He only left when she gave a thumbs up and slid down the fire escape. As he strolled down the alley, he sensed something behind him and turned, weapons drawn, to see a cat sitting on the dumpster.

Sighing in relief, he turned back towards the alleyway and was met with Karai. She waved at him then swiftly kicked his weapons out of his hands, and then turned back to him.

"It's nothing personal, really. It's just business!" she grunted, giving another roundhouse kick to his head. He thought of (y/n), about how worried she was gonna be when he didn't call, and then he thought of nothing.

++++++++++

"Ugh. What happened?" Raph awoke suddenly, tied to a table in a dark room. He looked around to see Baxter Stockman standing in front of him, something clamped in tongs that he held in his non-claw hand. It was moving.