Hold On

(Oh my god this song is so sad. I saw a little animation and cried for a good 2 minutes. Trying to make it sad for you.) -Ruth

Ruth POV

I was sitting next to Joy, who was in an unconscious state, holding her hand, the beeping of her heart monitor the only noise in the room.

I started humming as tears rolled down my face.

"Loving and fighting, accuse and united, I can't imagine a world with you gone." I hummed to her sleeping face, tears flowing faster at the thought of her dying.

"The joy and the chaos, the demons were made of, I'd be so lost if you left me alone."

Flashback ~

I was downstairs, chilling on the couch when I heard a thud.

I went upstairs to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

No answer.

I knocked again.

No answer.

I bust down the door and saw Joy, lying on the ground with blood pooling from her cut arms.

I put my hands over my mouth and called 911.

Flashback end for now~

"You locked yourself in the bathroom, lying on the floor when I break through." I hummed.

I sat on the bed next to her now, I pulled her onto my lap, putting my hand on her heart.

"I pull you in to feel your heart beat, could you hear me screaming, 'PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!'" I wonder out loud.

Flashback ~

As Joy was resting in my lap, the blood flowing more, I was silently crying.

I felt a movement and saw Joy was resting her hand on my wrist, her eyes open and a smile on her.

"Hold on I still want you." I said, breaking down as I got up to talk to the paramedics.

"Come back, I still need you."

I heard her whisper.

I look back at her and see her smile gone and tears flowing from her eyes.

I sat back down with her, trying to make her tears go away.

"Let me take your hand, I'll make it right, I swear to love you all my life." I promised her, resting my hands on her cheeks.

Flashback end~

As I remember that moment I look at her heart monitor, noticing the sound becoming less frequent.

I look back at her.

"Hold on I still need you!"

Flashback ~

"This long endless highway, your silent beside me, driving a nightmare I can't escape from." I him silently, breaking many speed laws as I hold Joy in my lap.

I look at the night sky, resting my hand over her forehead.

"Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading-"

Joy cut me off with a whisper.

"Hiding the shock and the chill in your bones." She gave a very weak giggle as a small, worried smile worked onto my face.

Flashback end~

I look back at Joy, running my fingers through her hair.

"They took you away on a table, I paced back and forth as you lay still."

I pull her closer.

"I pull you in to feel your heart beat," I say as her heart beats slower.

"Can you hear me screaming, 'PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!'" I yell as I hold her tighter.

Flashback ~

I am sitting in the ambulance with Joy, her looking at me weakly as I hold her hand.

She slowly starts closing her eyes as my heart beats quicker.

I hold her hand tight.

"Hold on! I still want you." I say quickly, trying to make sure her eyes don't close.

She slowly bobs her head towards my tear stained face.

I can hear her heart beat, slowing down the slightest.

"Come back I still need you." I said, resting her hand on my cheek as I close my eyes.

"Let me take your hand, I'll make it right, swear to love you all my life." She whispered, closing her eyes and passing out.

Her hand fell limp as I start panicking.

Tears flow as my eyes widened.

"Hold on! I still need you." I start whispering the end, sobs coming out.

Flashback end~

I'm still holding her hand as tears drip to her peaceful face.

Doctors bustle into the room, trying to get her from my grip.

"I don't want to let go!" I bark, my eyes widened as tears are still flowing.

"I know I'm not that strong." Joy whispers, her eyes never opening.

I look at her face and slowly let the doctors take her away.

I put my face in my hands as I start crying.

"I just want to hear her, saying, 'Ruthy let's go home. Let's go home.' I just want to take her home." I sobbed, thinking this may be the end.

Eventually I had to go home.

2 months pass

I was outside at the park, dark circles encasing my eyes as I look down at my hands.

"Hold on I still want you." I heard someone mumble.

I felt a flicker of hope as I turn and look at the person sitting next to me.

She had bandages around her head, and bandages around her arms.

She had a kind smile as my mouth hung open, tears threatening to fall.

"Come back I still need you." She whispered.

I grabbed her hand, my eyes wide with tears flowing down my face as a stupid grin rests on my face.

She nodded, silently saying, 'Yes Ruth, its me.'

I jumped up and encased her in a hug, tears falling from my eyes as we both giggle like idiots.