Stay Calm

Joy and Ruth are not related. Joys the security guard and Ruth is an animatronic. PS, we are adding our IRL friends.

Joys POV

I looked at the slip of paper again, double checking to see if I got the right address.

Its right.

I sighed. Guess I'll be working in a pizza place now, and I can't go back. I checked my watch.

11:30am.

I glanced back to the sign.

Ruth and Friends Arcade and Pizza

I shivered, knowing that nightmares and despair await me. I took a deep breath, held my head high, puffed out my chest and proudly walked into the dirty building.

And almost immediately my shoulders dropped, and I gagged at the smell of sweat and stale pizza. There was dry mud and dirt on the ground, along with several pieces of pepperoni.

I looked at the stage.
Oh, hello nightmare fuel.

I saw 3 cruelly shaped animal like people on the stage.

There was one that had white bunny ears and was wearing a cruel smile, her blue eyes pleading to feel anything else.
She had red curly hair, but it was blond at the roots, with pale-ish skin. She was wearing a black hoodie sweater and blue jeans that were ripped at the knees.
Her nose had white fur on it as well as her hands that held a ukulele.

I thought it looked almost human.

I looked at the next one where I saw another animatronic creature.

She had black-red bear ears and a menacing smile that made me shiver.
Her hair was dark red and shaved at one side, and skin that was a little tanner than the other, as well as blue eyes.
Her outfit was a white sports jacket, with the words 'Alexis' on the front with black and white shorts.
Her hands were at her waist and in the other hand was a microphone.

Hmm, must be the back-up singer. But where's Ruth?

I looked to the next one.

She had short brown curly hair, and she had a smug smile as her hazel eyes looked at me. Her face looked like it was supposed to be a beak, but stopped so it curved.

Hmm.

She had a blue sweater and black leggings.

She was also holding pots and pans.

Oh. Must be the chef.

I saw a small button on her left hand, and, of course, I pushed it.

She raised the pots and pans and banged them together.

"I AIN'T GOT NO SLEEP 'CAUSE OF Y'ALL, Y'ALL AIN'T GONNA GET NO SLEEP 'CAUSE OF MEEE!" She screeched.

I dead panned.

Nope. I was wrong.

I huffed and looked at my watch again.

11:47am.

Oh shoot!

I hurried off to my office down the hall, opened the door and closed it, then sat in the small swivel seat in the middle of the cramped room.

Then I just basically played games on my phone until it died.

Hmm, when did I last charge it?

I looked into the duffel bag that I totally brought with me and not just magically appear for the charger.

Totally.