Chapter 1

(Wanda PoV)

The Compound was still destroyed. We were all jumping between hotels until it was fixed enough to move back in. Each with rooms either alone or with a pair, we got on with our lives. I was alone. I didn't want to share a room. The last room I shared was the safe house in Scotland~ with Vision. I wasn't ready for that yet.

Sitting on the bed, staring down at my hands in my lap, I was silent and just thinking. It seemed that it was all I did nowadays, or rather that's what someone would think if they asked the rest of the Avengers.

I heard a knock at the door, which made me look up. "Who is it...? I called through the door,
"It's Clint, can I come in, Wanda?" I heard a voice reply. I thought for a moment, I didn't really want company but I knew Clint would just want to see company with me. "Yeah, it's open..." I replied.

Seeing the door open and Clint standing there, I couldn't help but let out a sigh. He had lost his best friend, I had lost my... my... boyfriend...? My boyfriend. "How are you holding up, Wanda?" He asked me. I knew he was trying to be kind in asking me, but I really didn't know what to say~ was I meant to say that I was feeling like shit because I had lost the one person I had left in the world that I loved? No...I couldn't say that. I'm not the only one who's ever lost someone. "Coping..." was all I said, "You?"

"I keep trying to make myself realise that Nat wouldn't have wanted me feeling bad...and I'm sure Vision would have wanted you to move on eventually...?" He said, as he came over and sat next to me, placing a gentle hand on my knee, as support. "Clint...I-I can't~" I said, quietly, as I slowly looked up and into his face, "For me...it's not five years and I know we've lost Nat and Tony~ but I just can't get myself over what I saw in Wakanda..."

"I get it...I really do, Tasha was very important to me, as Vision was to you," he said, "And I love you like a sister, Wanda, if you need someone to talk to, company or anything~ I'm here for you."

Staying silent, I forced a tiny smile, glancing downwards once more. I felt a little bit of pressure against the top of my head before I realised that Clint had quickly kissed the top. I loved him like a brother too and I appreciated that he was going to help me. I wanted to help him too, after Nat... "I had an idea...I don't know if it would work but I want your opinion, Clint..." I said, after a while.

"Wanda?" He asked, "What is it...?"
"A way to see Nat and Vision..."
"Oh, Wanda..."
"No...this could work! I think I can do it!"
"Do...what...?"
"...Create a new reality."
"Wanda, no...you can't play with reality!"
"I wouldn't be playing! I know what to do...!" I protested, determined,
"I can't condone this...don't get Tasha involved..." he said, standing and turning away from me,
"Clint...please~ the others, they won't understand...you will, surely?"
"I can't condone you messing with reality to bring back a loved one...don't get me involved, and leave Nat out of it..."

I watched, as he left the room, saying no more and leaving me on the edge of my bed, unable to say more.

Was I mad? Insane? Maybe...maybe I was...but I could do it...I had to be able to do it...! Try, at least...

It was a way to bring Vision back...I had to try~ if it didn't work, then I would know. But I had to find out for certain~ I was yearning to be able to see him again. I just missed him, so much.