Chapter 6

(Wanda PoV)

As I stayed closed to Vision, I could feel the business card that Xavier had given me, the corners prodding the palm of my hand, as I felt Vision's touch against my skin. Xavier had said that I would cause Vision's death. In a way, that had already come to pass- I had had to kill him to destroy the stone, as much as it pained me to do so- and that wasn't even the conclusion to it all. Thanos took it a step further and made me watch him be revived and killed once more. Surely, I was allowed an ounce of happiness?

"It's okay, Wanda, it's okay," I could hear Vision telling me, as he held me close to him, "Whatever happens, I won't leave you. Your side or your memory... whatever happens, I'll always be with you."

I couldn't say anything, as I pressed my head gently against his chest, the sting of tears getting too much for my eyes and they all tumbled down my cheeks at the same time, in silence. The two of us stayed against the ground, laced together in a soft embrace, neither one of us wanting to be the first to release the other.

"What if Xavier's right... that I can't have a happy ending? Ever..." I muttered, holding my head against him. I felt his hand touch my hair, it being stroked through by his human hand. "I won't let that happen, Wanda, whatever he means, I won't let your happy ending cease... I love you."

As much as I tried to form the three words back to him, I was being choked by tears - unable to formulate the three small words that I wanted to say to him. I settled for a nod, showing a 'ditto'. Those words from me, were his now. Not mine, Vision's.

It was another couple of minutes before I pushed away slowly, pulling my hand towards my face and wiping the stream of tears away (and half of my makeup), as I sniffed and looked at Vision, into his eyes. "I-I... I l-love you t-too..." I said, quietly, and with a soft stutter audible in my words, "M-Maybe we c-can let him t-talk... explain himself...?"

I looked between both of his eyes, farting between each of those crystal blue and robotic yet human eyes. I saw his head nod, "Okay, we will..." he spoke quietly to me, calmly. He moved his hands to the sides of my face and tilted my head slightly towards himself, as he touched his lips to the top of my head.

I watched as his hand moved steadily across to my shorter hair and felt the tips, giving me a soft smile, simply telling me that things were going to be alright.

I wanted to believe him. That's all I wanted to do, but part of myself was petrified that I would lose him again, and lose the life that we had built together, here in this small pocket of the 1950s.

"He knows me... somehow... I don't know how exactly but the way he spoke..." I started, as I sniffed, "...he sounded familiar..."

I hadn't heard anything from Vision, except feel a slight squeeze from the arm that was around me. "Viz...?" I asked, glancing up a little, as I pushed away from him and turned towards him. I was knelt up on the sofa, as my hand gently slid to his arm, as I looked at him.

"Wanda..."

It was all he said, as he moved my hand from his arm and held it in his, pressing his lips to my knuckles. I looked a little puzzled.

"Wanda... if he does know you, it might be the truth— maybe your power really did create this life," he said, quietly, "Maybe I'm not real..."

I shook my head, "N-No..."
"You're sweet, Wanda, but maybe I am just a creation,"
"Viz... don't say that— you're more than that..."

He let out a chuckle, bringing me closer to him until I was straddling his lap, my jean-clothed knees against his hips. "Let's just enjoy this Christmas together," he said with a smile.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he did the same around my waist, as I placed a soft kiss on his lips. "I agree..." I muttered with a small smile.

I attempted to push the thought of Xavier coming and saying I could not have a happy ending. Instead, I tried to fill my mind with the idea of spending the festive period in this home with Vision.