1

☆

CATALINA WAS always the girl who loved adventure- well....to read about adventures. She loved the idea of being her own saviour or her own knight in shining armor. Alas, a girl could never be an adventurer, you'd never get a husband if you'd acted ever so dauntless-instead you had to sit quietly and needlepoint a design onto cloth or fabric.

It was worse for Catalina. As a princess of Telmar, she had many duties to uphold, such as studies, etiquette lessons and the charitable work with the people of Telmar. For as long as she's known, Catalina has never felt free. Free from responsibility, free from worries, free from anger and frustration- not once had she experienced such freedom.

Caspian, her older brother by a mere year, has never once been asked in his entire life to 'sit properly' or 'stay quiet unless spoken to.' She found it almost aggravating, that Telmar was so biased and misogynistic that the only thing she could look forward to in the future was marriage.

"Catalina! What did I just say?" Catalina snapped out of her daze, as the Professor clicked his fingers in front of her, making a snicker erupt from Caspian.

"Sorry, Professor. Please- continue." She replied, shooting Caspian a glare and ridding all stray thoughts as the Professor shook his head, smiling as he sat back down at the large book the siblings were studying.

"As I was saying, High King Peter, King Edmund, Queen Susan, and Queen Lucy ruled over Narnia for the entire fifteen years of their reign." The Professor read from the book, "However- as the fifteenth year came to a close, the two kings and two queens disappeared- never to be seen again."

Catalina frowned in shock as she listened into the story. They'd begun to learn about Narnias and it's origins a mere month ago- every lesson was spent educating the two siblings on what was really out in there beyond the woods.

As the faint ringing of bells echoed through the tower, Caspian and Catalina rose from their seats. Time seemed to pass quicker when they were studying Narnia- hours slipped by within the blink of an eye. They quickly thanked the Professor and soon were making their way back down the tower to attend dinner.

Catalina had linked her arm with Caspians as they walked along the corridors of the castle. "What was your daydream about today?" The older boy asked almost teasingly, knowing the girls attention span was ever so short.

Catalina sighed and a soft smile graced her lips, "I was thinking about the bigotry in Telmar actually." She answered, "It's unfair that I am always scolded for the littlest things and you are allowed to roam free of care."