4

☆

THE MAN stood silently in the corner, refusing to answer Catalina's question. "I mean no harm..." the girl whispered, stepping closer to the smaller creature, "You're a Narnian- a dwarf, aren't you?"

"I suppose 'am." The dwarf mumbled almost indistinguishably. Catalina nodded slowly appreciating that she had actually gotten an answer.

"This may seen ever so, horribly rude, but what is your name?" Catalina asked curiously, sinking back into the straw floor.

"You don't need to know that." The dwarf answered grumpily, folding his small arms.

"It would be nicer to know your name so that when I refer to you in my head, I could stop calling you 'dwarf' as if you are merely your entire race." Catalina said briefly.

Trumpkin looked over at the girl in surprise, "The names Trumpkin..." he grumbled, making a small smile grace the girls lips.

"-and I am Catalina." She greeted, before letting the silence over come the two prisoners.

An hour or so passed before a guard unlocked the cell door. Miraz strutted into the cell followed by two Telmarine soldiers. One of the soldiers rushed forward and grabbed a hold of Trumpkin, pushing him forward while Miraz looked at his niece in disgust and shame.

"-Take her with you. Just beyond the bay, a man will take her off your hands. He has already payed a sufficient amount of money for her." Miraz order the soldier who stormed towards her, lifting her off her feet.

"UNCLE, I'm innocent- you know I'm innocent! Please..." Catalina pleaded as she was once again, dragged out of the castle of Telmar. The soldiers didn't relent as they roughly dragged her down the steps, as she cried out in pain.

Both Trumpkin and Catalina had been loaded onto a cart, their hands binded behind their backs. News seemed to have spread fast, villagers gathered around the cart, screaming at Catalina, throwing various mouldy, sticky foods at the princess as she kept a composed posture on the wooden cart.

Catalina stifled a cry of dismay, but kept her head up bravely, letting herself be hit with foods of all sorts, as more and more of the villagers joined in, chanting words of viciousness and vindictiveness as the cart departed Telmar. As soon as they passed the gates of Telmar, the villagers stopped following and continued on with their day to day tasks.

THE CART JOURNEY was far too long for Catalina's liking, wherever they were going, it was far out of reach from Telmar. The girls thoughts were a jumbled mess, a mess so big that she had almost forgotten that she was soon to be sold. The cart soon pulled up beside the sea, and the two soldiers jumped out of the front, pushing Trumpkin and Catalina onto the rocky, sandy surface.