Chapter 6: More Then Friends

Richies POV

Eddie and I had been waiting a while for Bev and Bill to come back.

"Now I am starting to think what you said earlier was true" Eddie stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"Told you. Well it looks like we are going to miss math class today" Math has started fifteen minutes ago.

"Shoot! Didn't we have a test today?" Eddie said in panic, "My mom is going to kill me if I fail it!".

I looked back and saw Beverly and Bill down the hall. "Look who's finally back" I smirked as they walked towards us. "Congrats!" I blurted through a laughter.

"On what?" Beverly asked.

"On the baby of course!" I couldn't stop laughing. Bev lightly punched my in the shoulder and Bill rolled his eyes.

"Sorry we took so long I ran into Mr. Nate my science teacher on the way to the nurses room. He wasn't to happy that I had skipped his class yesterday" Bev handed Eddie the ice pack and he put it up to my jaw. Bev looked at us.

"I knew it!" She blurted.

"Knew what?" I asked.

"Knew about you two! It's so obvious. It all makes sense, first you were protecting Eddie, then you guys held hands, then Eddie scotched closed to you, and now Eddie puts ice up to your jaw for you!" Bev looked so satisfied with her discovery.

"So? Can't friends stand up for each other?" I asked in defense.

"I never said they couldn't, but you guys are more than friends" I turned to look at Eddie who had been silent this whole time. He was just starring at nothing.

"Fine," I admitted, "we are more then friends, but I don't give a crap about what you say! I love Eddie and no one can change that!" Eddie turned his head when I said the word 'love'. Bills eyes widened.

"I wasn't going to say anything Richie! Calm down!" Beverly seemed offended. I shouldn't have said that.

Eddies POV

Love.

Richie said he loved me.

I didn't know what to say so I just got up and walked away.

"Ed's!" Richie called after me. "Ed's I'm sorry!" He ran towards me and grabbed my shoulder. "That was to soon wasn't it? I shouldn't have said-" I pulled Richie out of the way. Henry was charging down the hallway at us. He looked pissed.

"Get over here!" Henry screamed in anger! He looked at Richies face. "I didn't know it was possible to screw your face up even more than it already was" Henry added.

"What did you just say?" I tried to punch him as hard as I could but Henry just laughed.

"You want to go twig?!" Henry started circling me. I was hyperventilating. I tried to breath but I couldn't. Everything went black.